What's new

New Dorko

Received this a while back and didn't post pics because I never found the right light to make decent photos. I continue that tradition of crappy lighting here....
7/8+ Dorko, thumbnotch, horn, and actually kind of modified French point that's hard to see here. Have seen only one other Dorko with a thumbnotch and none with anything other than a square or round point. Shaves beautifully; wonderful balance; holds a great edge.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
That's a beautiful razor. I was lusting after one just like that, till it sold, (maybe it was you who bought it) on the Revisor web site but it was over my budget. Congratulations and I'm envious.

The razor is lovely, but can you believe that I spent more time looking at the gorgeous Les Latneuses w/hybrid that it is leaning on?

Very nice looking razor. I haven't tried the new Dorko's but I'm a fan of their vintage straights.
Just curious: what do you consider to be vintage in this case? The company was established in the 1920's and these razors were made under the Dorko name only from just after WWII until - as far as I know - sometime in the 60's. That's a fairly short window.

I have some older and some newer ones and while they are all quality shavers, there are some exceptional ones from both eras. I don't have any recent Wacker grinds, however, and don't really know anything about them.

Last edited:
Just curious: what do you consider to be vintage in this case? The company was established in the 1920's and these razors were made under the Dorko name only from just after WWII until - as far as I know - sometime in the 60's. That's a fairly short window.

My rough rule of thumb when describing straights, vintage is anything that is between 50 and 100 years old.

That's a beautiful razor. I was lusting after one just like that, till it sold, (maybe it was you who bought it) on the Revisor web site but it was over my budget. Congratulations and I'm envious.

I was looking at this one on Revisor web site also.
It is a beautiful razor.

That's a really nice razor. It looks like there was corrosion that left pitting along the bottom half that goes into the scales. I'd keep that razor separate from my others and check regularly to see if rusting starts to come back. The scales may have celluloid rot. It happened to one of mine with cracked ice celluloid scales.

That is a handsome razor. I have two Dorko's myself, and this one is my favorite of the two, a 1930's No. 66:

View attachment 200692

Top Bottom