What's new

New Dollar Tree Safety Razor! Assured for MEN

Assured Safety Razor Challenge revival?

• Total voters
Good day, fellas!

My name is Tony P. Long time reader, first time poster. I have some information and a, possible, revival of the Assured razor challenge! Yay!

Our beloved Dollar Tree has updated the Assured safety razor. It’s now marketed under the “Assured for Men” brand. But it’s not just the packaging that changed. As soon as I picked the package up I noticed a big weight difference. The original model (1910) felt much heavier, in the package, than the newer model (2005). They look identical.

Well, I had to get it home and play with it. Attached are some pictures. I got the model numbers from the last four digits on the back of the package.

Oh, and the new model (2005) has a plastic, not metal, handle! The older model (1910) had a plastic TTO knob but a metal handle!

171A43A2-A2EB-4D90-9F80-F0149750808A.jpeg
BAF69AC3-E162-420E-9CA6-95FD1DD47B9A.jpeg
373A2139-4391-49E1-B13C-502D2C9022BA.jpeg
82375B28-5769-49FC-A968-77EBBB4032E8.jpeg

Last edited:

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I bought an ‘Assured’ razor and 5 blades. The razor was no good. I pitched it. But the blades are very good. So I got 5 good blades for One Dollar. That store has many good things . It is not a waste of time going there.

But the ‘assured’ razor is no good at all.

I bought an ‘Assured’ razor and 5 blades. The razor was no good. I pitched it. But the blades are very good. So I got 5 good blades for One Dollar. That store has many good things . It is not a waste of time going there.

But the ‘assured’ razor is no good at all.
I’ve had very good luck with the original Assured razor. A little mineral oil down the threads though. I’ve bought about twelve 1910 so far and had maybe 2 duds with bad door alignment. The shave is rather aggressive so it’s meant to tread lightly...

I might join the ride. Closest Dollar Tree had it's roof ripped off from straight line winds and closed though.

I might join the ride. Closest Dollar Tree had it's roof ripped off from straight line winds and closed though.
Unfortunately it’s not even worth mailing them. It would cost more to ship than for the razor itself! Also, if I were to ship one I’d have to remove from package and ensure it worked properly. The second 2005, that I just picked up today, opened so much it pushed the whole assembly out from the handle

Unfortunately it’s not even worth mailing them. It would cost more to ship than for the razor itself! Also, if I were to ship one I’d have to remove from package and ensure it worked properly. The second 2005, that I just picked up today, opened so much it pushed the whole assembly out from the handle
Oh. I live between Dallas and Fort Worth, so there are other Dollar Trees around. I just haven't been driving far lately and am currently doing SEptember.

Good day, fellas!

My name is Tony P. Long time reader, first time poster. I have some information and a, possible, revival of the Assured razor challenge! Yay!

Our beloved Dollar Tree has updated the Assured safety razor. It’s now marketed under the “Assured for Men” brand. But it’s not just the packaging that changed. As soon as I picked the package up I noticed a big weight difference. The original model (1910) felt much heavier, in the package, than the newer model (2005). They look identical.

Well, I had to get it home and play with it. Attached are some pictures. I got the model numbers from the last four digits on the back of the package.

Oh, and the new model (2005) has a plastic, not metal, handle! The older model (1910) had a plastic TTO knob but a metal handle!

View attachment 1154111
View attachment 1154110
View attachment 1154113
View attachment 1154112

Great review!! Thanks. :a29:

However, I chose to stick with my ‘more expensive’ Lord L6 ($6 on Amazon)!

Great review!! Thanks. :a29:

However, I chose to stick with my ‘more expensive’ Lord L6 ($6 on Amazon)!
Look at you, big spender! 😜

I use a L6 for a travel razor. It is light and feels cheap (it kinda is at under $10 in Canada) But it shaves surprisingly well!

Look at you, big spender! 😜

I use a L6 for a travel razor. It is light and feels cheap (it kinda is at under $10 in Canada) But it shaves surprisingly well!
The handle is rather light but better than a plastic handle! I swapped the handle out with a knockoff Remei handle

I get all my blades at dollar stores. 5 for a buck works for me. I did find the above in 1 store, but didn’t get it, not needing the razor. So far all the blades have worked fine for me. Beats 10 packs for $3.50 & up elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get all my blades at dollar stores. 5 for a buck works for me. I did find the above in 1 store, but didn’t get it, not needing the razor. So far all the blades have worked fine for me. Beats 10 packs for $3.50 & up elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dollar General has Dorco, I believe ST301, in dispenser box for $1/5 blades

There are at least two Dollar Trees in the city I live in, but I don't know if they sell this razor. I've wondered for a while though. I'll have to make a point of checking.

There are at least two Dollar Trees in the city I live in, but I don't know if they sell this razor. I've wondered for a while though. I'll have to make a point of checking.
I saw the Assured razor at a Dollar Tree in the town of Boutte (pronounced Boo-tee, oddly enough) last week. Not sure if they had separate blade packs; next time I drive up the highway to that store, or go to one of the closer ones, I'll check.

I would rather have the Weishi 9306 which weighs 65 grams; no plastic in that razor as far as I know. The case is plastic though.

I would rather have the Weishi 9306 which weighs 65 grams; no plastic in that razor as far as I know. The case is plastic though.

There are many versions of the same Weishi TTOs. Even under the same brand (VDH) there are three different Weishi models.

With a Lord blade the Assured gave me a wonderful BBS. For $1 it’s a miracle

I do agree, it is rather efficient. I’ve gotten very close shaves with the original Assured. I don’t remember which blade I used.

A few months after I started DE shaving with my Weishi, I came across the Assured at DT. Tried using the Assured blades and razor.. it wasn’t pleasant. But I swapped the Assured blade out with a Dorco from the MicroTouch set and got a great shave.

Although, my first DE shave was pretty amazing. Took my time, ultra light strokes on a light/medium beard, with good ol’ Barbasol Aloe. I wasn’t one who had a bad DE experience until I started using different razors and getting a bit cocky with speed haha

I remember telling my girlfriend how great shaving with safety razor was. This was years before it actually became a hobby.

Top Bottom