What's new

New Deluxe

20181215_170654.jpg

I shaved with my Gillette New, long comb this morning after not touching it for probably 3 years. I suppose my technique these days is a lot better than it was the last time I tried the NEW LC. Only "troublesome" razors end up forgotten in the medicine cabinet.

But today? Wow. Unfortunately, the 3 pass shave is close enough that shaving tomorrow would be a waste of time and blade sharpness. Sunday morning I want to give that Old there on the right a retry, as it was hiding out in the cabinet too.

Did a bit of brass and copper polishing this afternoon. Your New is starting out much better looking than mine did!

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Hard to beat a NEW, and your Deluxe looks really nice. Those seem hard to find. How did you get yours?

Brother Airmech,

Are you sure your razor is a Gillette NEW Deluxe?

I thought the Deluxe version of the NEW had a thick engraved handle similar to the Gillette New Improved. What I see in your picture is the common bar handled NEW.

Gillette NEW Deluxe razors Photo's

I believe you're thinking about the Criterion. This looks like the one that comes in the Red & Black Deluxe set except it looks a little different to me. Also the handle looks like a NEW Common Bar, not a Deluxe handle. I'm sure someone will come along and clear it up.

It's a New Deluxe, but the baseplate is printed differently than the Red Black Deluxe pictured on Mr Razor. Interesting find.

And here I thought only the Gillette Good Will razors were a confusing and convoluted group! Apparently the Gillette NEW razors also belong to that club. Who knew? (The pun is intended!) Thanks to all the brethren for their inputs and clarifications!

Last edited:
First shave this morning produced a easy comfortable BBS! I used WSP Gaelic Tweed soap, which produced a nice slick lather. Did a 3 pass, WTG, XTG, ATG. I did get a small point of irritation on my chin, but that should work out as I use the razor more. It will definitely stay in the rotation.

Tom

Top Bottom