What's new

New DE shaver. One month in

after getting tired of the up and down quality of dollar shave club and a disastrous try with Costco blades, I decided to give wet shaving a try.

After very little research (should have come here first) , I ordered a Viking chieftain,a tube of proraso cream, and a 100 blade assortment. First shave has a couple of nicks under my nose and a bit of burn but not as bad as feared.

Realized that I needed a brush so I got a silver tip from west coast. Shaves started getting much better. Last week, I was in Chicago and visited Q bros. And a travel brush and artisan soap followed me out.

My shaves are consistently good with no nicks (I did catch my nose this morning, ouch) and the worse blade I’ve tried is better than the best shave I ever had before going double edge.

I will eventually get another razor but am in no hurry, though the Karve has caught my eye.

Thank you to all for the information I am gaining on this forum

If it aint broke don't fix it. I'm six weeks in and just about to switch razors. Congrats on avoiding RAD for your first month.

Welcome, you're off to a promising start. Don't be in a hurry to experiment with different razors, soaps, etc. There's plenty of time for that.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Sounds like you're doing everything right. One of these days--while shaving--it's gonna' hit you that the whole DE ritual has become second-nature to you; and that for a few moments each morning or evening, life can be very good, indeed. Keep on shaving. Keep on sharing.

Top Bottom