What's new

New DE Shaver checking in from NY - My Wet Shaving Epiphany

Hi All-

New DE shaver checking in from NY. I have been lurking and DE shaving for about 6 weeks.

My story starts by me trying to stretch my Gillette Mach 3 Turbo blade for 2 weeks and watching the "moisturizing aloe" bar turn white. Refusing to pay full bust out retail I ordered M3 Turbo blades on ebay. Well, after tearing up my face with which turned out to cheap knock-offs, I held my nose and payed full price for blades from CVS. There must be a better way. I then heard about Dollar Shave Club (great youtube video). Doing some online research on DSC, I stumbled across Corey Greenberg's blog/article on traditional wet/DE shaving. I then purchased Leisure Guys Guide to Gourmet Shaving and I was off to the races . My shaving equipment now occupies most of the real estate on top of the bathroom vanity.

In April my wife asked me what I wanted for our wedding anniversary and I bought the following:

DE Razor: EJ DE89BA11
Brush: Vulfix 2235S Super Badger
Shave Cream: Proraso Green Tube, RazoRock Classic
Blades: DE Sampler (have used Merkur and Derby, so far)
Alum Bar: RazoRock
After Shave: Proraso, Pinaud Clubman, Neutrogena Bahm

She can't complain because this hobby is cheaper then audio/video equipment.

I actually look forward to getting out of bed and shaving in the morning. It's like a spa treatment before work.

I enjoy the B&B forum and reading the product reviews; especially the passionate reviews by Marco. Thanks all for your knowledge.

Man, I love this story. Welcome to B&B! Yeah, don't get Marco talking about soap tradition :tongue_sm we love our soaps around here.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Welcome to B&B, nice kit for your anniversary! You only need some soaps now. :001_tongu

Thanks all. I am already hearing the SWMBO, "You want soap for Father's Day? Where do I get this stuff?"

Top Bottom