What's new

New DE guy from an accidental find

Hi folks. Just found this whole world here after randomly stumbling upon a DE razor while comparison shopping to save money on cartridges on Amazon. Was in the middle of a "which cheap alternative is better" discussion and trying like mad to stay away from the "Dollar Shave Club" alternatives when I happened across a listing for a Parker 76R. That, a brush, a bowl, some cream, a sampler pack of blades, and a few weeks later and I can say for certain that the savings are significant and the shaves are MUCH better. In fact, as a full time teleworker I'd only shave about every 3-4 days to avoid the cost and end up regretting it with a tore up neck. Those multi blade cartridges pull the hair on my neck something terrible causing lots of ingrowns, but since going with the DE, not a ONE. Was tired of feeling like a bum but now can go every day without the "financial guilt" of burning through ridiculous cartridges.

I'm an information junkie too, so it doesn't take much of a new, interesting topic to send me down the rabbit hole. So this site has been a gold mine of information candy for my brain. So thanks to everyone for all the info I can sift through in my spare time.

Brian

Welcome to the B&B forums. While you are waiting for your shaving items to arrive, check out some of the how-to threads on the site.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I prefer the lack of pulling too. If you ever fall off the wagon and go back to cartridges, the Dollar Shave Club is actually REALLY amazing. You could even go cheaper and just get the cartridges from Dorco directly since they sell them to Dollar Shave Club, except for their twin blade razors that is.

I prefer the lack of pulling too. If you ever fall off the wagon and go back to cartridges, the Dollar Shave Club is actually REALLY amazing. You could even go cheaper and just get the cartridges from Dorco directly since they sell them to Dollar Shave Club, except for their twin blade razors that is.

Actually, I had seen that somewhere as well and had been a Dorco cartridge user for a while. Sadly I still have a stock of Dorco 6 cartridges I will need to finish up at some time. Maybe that will be my "in a hurry" solution. :)

Thanks all!

Actually, I had seen that somewhere as well and had been a Dorco cartridge user for a while. Sadly I still have a stock of Dorco 6 cartridges I will need to finish up at some time. Maybe that will be my "in a hurry" solution. :)

Thanks all!

Welcome to B&B.

I have some Schick Quattro carts to use up. Originally I was thinking if I was in a hurry or when traveling I'd use them. Well, I try to shave in the evening so I'm not in too big a hurry, and when I'm in a hurry and need a morning shave I just do 2 passes (WTG and ATG). I need a 2 or 3 pass shave with carts too so it doesn't take much longer (especially if I use my brushless Cremo shave cream). For travel, I now have several DE razors I bought as travel razors (they are small, inexpensive, or both), and I rarely travel by plane so I don't need the carts for my carry on luggage.

That's to say, I said the same as you, I'd eventually use my leftover carts. Well, at this point, other than curiosity (if I ever need a reminder why I didn't like them) I doubt I'll ever use them. You may as well just put the Dorco 6 carts aside, maybe give them away, because I doubt you'll want to use them again.

Hey bro, welcome aboard. If you haven't take a chance to view nick shaves videos on youtube I would highly recommend them to learn some of what to expect from different blades.

Hello and welcome, Brian. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself more fully.

Top Bottom