What's new

New “Day of the Week” Routine Ideas

When I first started to think that there must be a better way to shave, and save money at the same time, like many of you I found my way to traditional DE shaving. Up until fairly recently I had stayed loyal to the first choices of DE razor, soap, brush, aftershave and blade brands that I initially picked when I decided to make a change. I accomplished what I set out to do - make shaving enjoyable and save money.

Now however, in a relatively short time, I find myself with different razors, soaps, brushes, aftershaves, etc. The rabbit hole is never ending... but even with a slight bit of RAD, I know I can always sell what I don’t like.

To keep the daily shaving routine fresh, I’m making a conscious effort to mix it up and use what I now have on hand. Based on seeing the different forum threads pertaining to SOTD and Brotherhoods/Clubs, I would like to use my own “day of the week” routine that I could use as a guideline for a while.

Here are some ideas I have for my schedule. Some of these may already be in use by some of you, however I just want to insure I’m always looking forward to the daily shave.

Made in America Monday
*Shave with hardware/software that is made in the USA

TTO Tuesday
*Like the name suggests, use a TTO

World Wars Wednesday
*Shave with products that would have been used in the WWI or WWII eras (pre, during or post)

Thrifty Thursday
*Since a big factor in switching from cartridges was to save money, take this day to use “thrifty” products or purchases only

Back to the FUTURE Friday
*IMO, one of the best movie trilogies is Back to the Future. This day will be for using shaving gear that Marty McFly may have seen in the different time periods he traveled; regardless if we saw them on screen or not.

“Single-ish” Saturday
*To insure I use razors other than DE’s, Saturday’s would be for any razor using a blade with only one edge (GEM, Injector, Shavette, Straight, etc.).

Simply Smooth Sunday
*With the goal of ever perfecting the surefire great shave, this day will be for honing specific aspects to guarantee a smooth irritation free shave

I thank all of you for supplying me so much information already and I welcome any ideas from you on this endeavor.

-Andrew

Great concept!! :a14::a14:

(I shave while waking up in the AM and would need a written schedule!)

Thanks @BigJ I'll probably print out the basic guide and then prepare for it mentally the day prior. Just trying to keep it interesting. :001_302: I will need to get new ideas and change it up periodically.

Last edited:
Top Bottom