What's new

New D/E User

madmedic said:
Hi Folks.
I bought the HD last week. GREAT razor. I had been using a Futur for some time and find the HD 'very forgiving'. I need more passes to achieve the same result as the Futur....but sure....when you are pampering yourself....who cares!

Brian

I also own a Futur and an HD and I agree with you completely.

Hello again! Since my first post I've had a couple of shaves with my DE. Apparently I am not a natural but I'm improving. I can make 2 passes along the grain without cutting myself and the results are reasonably smooth. I'm a little anxious to start using the DE for shaving against the grain because I hurt myself pretty badly trying to do so the last time. But I guess it's a part of the learning process. Anyway, my point was that I like it and will be continuing to use the DE! :)

Merlino said:
Hello again! Since my first post I've had a couple of shaves with my DE. Apparently I am not a natural but I'm improving. I can make 2 passes along the grain without cutting myself and the results are reasonably smooth. I'm a little anxious to start using the DE for shaving against the grain because I hurt myself pretty badly trying to do so the last time. But I guess it's a part of the learning process. Anyway, my point was that I like it and will be continuing to use the DE! :)
Keep it up, Merlino! you might want to try an across the grain pass as an intermediate step before trying to go against the grain.

you might want to try an across the grain pass as an intermediate step before trying to go against the grain.

That is excellent advice. My second pass is always across the grain. Witht the stubble all but eliminated, the third pass, against the grain, is very easy.

Randy

Top Bottom