What's new

New Creams Have Arrived

I decided to try a few shaving creams that I haven't used before. I normally use hard soaps along with the occasional Proraso Red and Musgo Real Classic creams. I recently purchased (all tube creams) La Toja, LEA Classic, Palmolive Classic, and Cella Extra Bio. So far I have received all but the Cella Extra Bio which I hope will be delivered in the couple of days.

I have used the La Toja and the Lea Classic so far and they are both really good performers. To my nose (I do have a slight cold) they both favor each other scent wise which is fine by me. Both are slick, easy to lather, and offer good protection. I don't have many uses under my belt just yet, but I believe the LEA is going to out perform the La Toja.....we shall see. I came away with very nice, close shaves with both creams and my face felt really good afterwards. No negatives to speak of with either creams. Both on par with my best hard soaps as far as performance goes.

My next shave will be with the Palmolive. Hopefully it performs as well as the previous mentioned creams. I'm most excited about the Cella Extra Bio as it seems to get lots of love around here. I'm not a fan of the original as I don't like the scent. Hoping this one is better in that regards.

Will keep you posted on my thoughts as I get more uses out of each cream.

I use all of the above except Cella. For me Lea and La Toja are equally good in performance. I prefer La Toja a tiny bit more. Palmolive is a solid performer but a bit bland so I prefer the italian mentholated Version over the regular one.

That being said Marco is a strong advocate for the La Toja stick over the cream and I will start using Lea classic soap (Oakmoss) once Tabactober is over.

I use all of the above except Cella. For me Lea and La Toja are equally good in performance. I prefer La Toja a tiny bit more. Palmolive is a solid performer but a bit bland so I prefer the italian mentholated Version over the regular one.

That being said Marco is a strong advocate for the La Toja stick over the cream and I will start using Lea classic soap (Oakmoss) once Tabactober is over.

I also have the La Toja stick. I'm not much of a face latherer so I don't really use it. I may just have to cut it up and put in in an empty bowl. It does perform well from what I recall.

The Palmolive always startles me when I come back to it. It looks like green-tinted toothpaste as it comes out of the tube, and I expect it to smell like Crest or one of the "minty-fresh" toothpastes. But then I dab it on the brush, whip up a great lather on my face, and end with an excellent shave.

I shaved with the Palmolive yesterday. This cream has a different scent compared to LEA and La Toja.....more soapy/light cologney to my nose. It's very light though. The cream performed very well. It was easy to lather, and provided excellent slickness and protection. I prefer the scent of LEA and La Toja, but performance is on par with both. LEA has a slight edge so far after one shave each.

My Cella Bio arrived yesterday. Can't wait to try it tomorrow morning. It appears to be very thick in the tube. Hope it comes out okay. I'm guessing a little goes a long way with this stuff.

The Palmolive always startles me when I come back to it. It looks like green-tinted toothpaste as it comes out of the tube, and I expect it to smell like Crest or one of the "minty-fresh" toothpastes. But then I dab it on the brush, whip up a great lather on my face, and end with an excellent shave.

Try the Italian Palmolive rinfriscante (Menthol) maybe it’s a two in one product... :wink2:

Joking aside it makes for a very nice and affordable summer cream.

Got to try out the Cella Extra, Extra Bio on Sunday morning. I think I like the scent, hard to pin point what it smells like. It does smell better than the original to my nose. This stuff is thick. I was worried I've have a hard time getting it out of the tube, but it came right out. Only used a small amount and it was plenty. Lathering was a breeze....very nice. The cream provides a very slick and protective shave. I want to use it a few more times before I make up my mind, but it performed well.

I like the scents of the LEA and La Toja best, followed by Cella then Palmolive. So far, with a shave or two with each, all have performed admirably. I want to use the Cella a couple more times to get better acquainted before I put it in my top tier list with the LEA and La Toja. I would not hesitate though to recommend any of these products to those looking for great performance in a tube cream.

Top Bottom