What's new

New Convert

I have a young man that I mentor. He was recently complaining about shave bump and irritation and asked me how did I avoid such. I explained traditional shaving to him and explained to him why I think for me it was much better. He paid me a visit the other day and expressed an interest in trying it. I set him up with the following kit:

Razorock Bruce brush
Razorock What the Puck Lime
Merkur Classic 3-Pc razor
A tuck of GSB's

I went over the basics with him and told him to take his time.

It is awesome to know that you are mentoring another. Aside from the shaving aspect, that alone is awesome.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm the lucky one. He is a great young man. Married with 5 kids and a hard worker. I know that money is tight for him, so I felt good giving him some gear to get him started.

Amen. My ministry is marriage. I love to work with and minister to married couples. God has sustained my marriage in spite of myself. A good Christian couple is a heavenly thing to behold.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Amen. My ministry is marriage. I love to work with and minister to married couples. God has sustained my marriage in spite of myself. A good Christian couple is a heavenly thing to behold.
Amen. My wife and I are working with the kollege aged kids. They give me hope. They are not perfect, but they are some of the most vigilant believers in one of the most trying times!

FarmerTan

Believe it or not, about half of my congregation are college students, and you are right about them.
Thank you for your service to what I call "the NEXT greatest generation". I fear they may have their mettle tested.

Forgive me please, ALL of you if I'm delving into the political sphere. My only begotten is one of those people, so it is a subject I am passionate about.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

I had the opportunity to mentor a very nice young man who showed up at our local homebrew club and for whatever reason decided to take my advice on the regular growing up matters. Great kid, just needed to hear the same things his father was telling him from someone else, like we all did at that age.

He's married a charming young lady, and they now have a happy little girl heading for one year old, and other than the usual things are doing fine so far as I know.

A little guidance and support goes a very long way toward improving young people's lives, I know I got plenty as I grew up and owe the favor back. I spent four years "raising" kids in a residential drug and alcohol residential rehab facility, quite the eye-opener. Caring and affection can cure quite a few ills when genuine.

FarmerTan

I had the opportunity to mentor a very nice young man who showed up at our local homebrew club and for whatever reason decided to take my advice on the regular growing up matters. Great kid, just needed to hear the same things his father was telling him from someone else, like we all did at that age.

He's married a charming young lady, and they now have a happy little girl heading for one year old, and other than the usual things are doing fine so far as I know.

A little guidance and support goes a very long way toward improving young people's lives, I know I got plenty as I grew up and owe the favor back. I spent four years "raising" kids in a residential drug and alcohol residential rehab facility, quite the eye-opener. Caring and affection can cure quite a few ills when genuine.
Wonderful post! I was a community psych nurse, and I seen things humans shouldn't. Most of society's ills can only be fixed by folks like you.

If all of us would just need that small, still voice in our inner ear we would be so much better off. Thank you so much for your heart sir.

I have a young man that I mentor. He was recently complaining about shave bump and irritation and asked me how did I avoid such. I explained traditional shaving to him and explained to him why I think for me it was much better. He paid me a visit the other day and expressed an interest in trying it. I set him up with the following kit:

Razorock Bruce brush
Razorock What the Puck Lime
Merkur Classic 3-Pc razor
A tuck of GSB's

I went over the basics with him and told him to take his time.

Great work!! This is a gift that will pay dividends for the rest of his life!! :a29::a29:

Top Bottom