What's new

New contest for a new item!

I'm in!

Although I don't use an aftershave, I'll try once and PIF it on... I'd really appreciate if I could try the soap, even if it's a sample.

As for a time that I was cold, I'd say it was when I went out for a run at Colorado Springs, prepping for a physical test. My nose was frozen, my whole face is frozen but at least my body was somewhat warm. And the Colorado air is pretty much nonexistent. I'm huffing and puffing a minute in and even at the gym, I was running out of breath!

When I was in 7th or 8th grade, we skated on a creek /small river during the winter. The adults would build a big fire on shore where the creek widened out. Some of my friends and I decided to skate upstream, fast. I was in the lead and turned around to taunt my friends. Skating as fast as I could go backwards, I skated into open water. Thankfully, it was only a little over waist deep but I got wet up to my neck. I got to shore, got on solid ice, and we skated about a half mile back to the fire. I don’t remember the temp that day, but I was cold. The other thing that happened that day was I began to believe in Karma! I didn’t know the name of it yet, but I understood the concept.

2010, was sent to Eielson Air Force Base in the winter. It was 75 degrees when I left Korea, -23 when I got to Alaska. I was very cold.
Thanks for the opportunity!

There are times I miss being in the military. This is not one of those times...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
LOL. I enjoyed my time in, but being a contractor is a bit different than being in. Each has its perks and let downs. You learn real quick though, we all bleed the same.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
It was high summer, back when I was younger and dumber. Temperature was in the nineties, and sunny. I had just finished cycling up Brandon Gap in Vermont. Cotton T-shirt was liquid with sweat. Started my six-mile descent when the sun went in. Never so cold--ever--as when I reached the bottom after zooming down the gap at 50 mph soaking wet in ninety-degree weather.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It was high summer, back when I was younger and dumber. Temperature was in the nineties, and sunny. I had just finished cycling up Brandon Gap in Vermont. Cotton T-shirt was liquid with sweat. Started my six-mile descent when the sun went in. Never so cold--ever--as when I reached the bottom after zooming down the gap at 50 mph soaking wet in ninety-degree weather.
Dude. I just googled that. Wow!

When I was in scouts back in the 90s, we were on a campout to cap off the month of February. The whole trip didn’t start well. My uncle’s 1980-something truck died on the way and we arrived to the location well past midnight having to wait on a ride that could carry our gear AND boys AND trailer. Setting up tents was fine in the cold to start but as we continued on, helping the younger boys, our fingers got stiff and grasping things like the tie offs were difficult. We finally went to bed after getting everything up and settled around 2am. Not normal for us.

The next day went okay with merit badge stuff and exploring the land but we weren’t prepared for the coming COLDER night which would drop down below 30. After supper, chocolate biscuits, and a long drawn-out “your mama” battle between two campers which had even the adults belly laughing, the camp went silent and off we drifted to sleep, hilarity fresh in our minds and trailing giggles fading to shut eye.

We awoke the next morning to frozen everything: lantern mantles, donuts and juice for breakfast, and my sneakers. Also there when we rose was my uncle and a new GMC Sierra.

I decided it was prudent to set my shoes next to the fire to thaw while my uncle prompted me and my cousin into the cab of the truck to warm up. All the boys got a turn. We ate breakfast, packed up the grub boxes, and prepared to leave.

At the end of the trip, we left with memories, no frost bite, and burnt shoes.

Dangit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’m not in because I already won a PIF from the generous Captain. But I’ll share a story about one time I was cold.

Back in 2010 (I think) I was living in Aurora, IL. Outside of Chicago. At the time I rode the bus to work. It picked me up at the end of my block around 6-7am. I’d get there early and wait because ya never knew if it was going to be exactly on time and I didn’t want to miss it. It was a cold snap that week. Really freaking cold. And overnight it snowed about 3 inches, making it even colder. When I stood waiting for the bus that morning Weather.com said it was -19 degrees F. Negative 19 ! And there was no bus stop to block the wind. I’m not even sure what the windchill was but I’m sure it was colder than negative 19.

I wore my heaviest winter coat, jeans, and winter shoes. T-shirt under my coat. It was cold! I can’t recall if I had a hat on or not but I’m sure I did because I still have ears.

Riding a 4-wheeler in the winter time when I was a kid. Had snow gloves but those made it difficult to drive. Constant struggle of going inside to warm up and wanting to ride.

I’m not in because I already won a PIF from the generous Captain. But I’ll share a story about one time I was cold.

Back in 2010 (I think) I was living in Aurora, IL. Outside of Chicago. At the time I rode the bus to work. It picked me up at the end of my block around 6-7am. I’d get there early and wait because ya never knew if it was going to be exactly on time and I didn’t want to miss it. It was a cold snap that week. Really freaking cold. And overnight it snowed about 3 inches, making it even colder. When I stood waiting for the bus that morning Weather.com said it was -19 degrees F. Negative 19 ! And there was no bus stop to block the wind. I’m not even sure what the windchill was but I’m sure it was colder than negative 19.

I wore my heaviest winter coat, jeans, and winter shoes. T-shirt under my coat. It was cold! I can’t recall if I had a hat on or not but I’m sure I did because I still have ears.

Brrr. Lived outside of Chicago when I was younger. Was only in elementary school there for a couple years before we moved, but I recall school being cancelled only once. It was said to be near -50F with wind chill. This article actually makes a brief allusion to such an incident in 1997, which would fit the time point. No going outside that day, so I stayed warm!

A time when I was cold was when I did my scuba certification dives in ~50F water though. In a wetsuit mind you, a new diver doesn't know how to use a drysuit (I still don't because to date I have avoided colder waters...). The air temperature outside was also 50-55F, so I had some moments of being pretty cold those days!

Also not in as a previous recipient of the Captain's generosity.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I'm in. Blizzard of 96. Woke up late for school. It was 1 degree out. I bundled up, unlike my older brother who didnt believe in coats, and walked to school. I shook and shivered the whole mile up there. My brother was with me, no coat on. We got to the school and went to go on the side door. Locked. Tried another one. Locked. It hits me....the school is closed for the day and we walked all the way up there for nothing. So we hung are head in shame and walked the whole way back. I've never seen my brothers skin so red in all my life. Anyway, that's the coldest time I can remember, but I'm sure my older brother was colder.

Thanks for the chance.

Top Bottom