What's new

New Computer

out of curiosity why the i5 instead of an i7 you could overclock comfortably with that aftermarket cooler?

if you are set on that processor you could save $10 and get it from newegg.

nice build though. took a look at that case on my last build too but just reused an old one in the end.

I don't really have a good reason to go with an i7 over an i5. I like the fact that with turbo mode this processor will go to 3.7ghz, ontop of the fact that its got an unlocked multiplier. = )

Its all already ordered anyway.

Looks good to me. I'm running a GTX 295 and I can run starcraft and OFP at max settings without problems.

I wish they would come out with more games for the PC like they used to back in the late 90s. With the advent of the console, the latest computer and/or overclocking have become less important. The whole upgrade process made computer gaming much more fun! Even if it was just a small framerate number in the top right of your screen =P

Looks like it will be a great machine. I checked Amazon and all of the items appear to be in stock with free shipping. The cart subtotal came out to $628. They are also offering the rebates for the mobo and mem. And there is no tax, where I live, may not be the same in your area. Good luck with the build.

Hmm I didn't check amazon. I think it was like 750, but I got two 4gb stick of ram on there.

Top Bottom