What's new

New Coffee Room Progress

I've decided that my coffee addiction needed it's own space so I am repurposing a small area within Casa Mick Sud for just coffee.

Still "in progress" but the essentials are in. Hot/cold/filtered water supply. Two dedicated 20 amp circuits. Counter and storage space.

This room is across the foyer from the kitchen and has a pocket door on the kitchen facing side, a conventional door on the hallway/garage side, and can be closed off by two bifold door doors to become a non conspicuous "hallway" when not in use.

2019-10-08_coffee_room.jpeg

Pic showing relationship with kitchen and bifold tracks/hall

2019-10-08_coffee_room2.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks very nice. It is nice to have a dedicated space for coffee. Helps with avoiding the usual kitchen traffic. Any plans for a small sink?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that looks great. I am in the process of building a house and have managed to allocate about 4ft of counter with two dedicated electric circuits and the necessary plumbing (supply and waste) for my GS3. Basically all I could do is co-op a corner of the kitchen. The 2kg roaster is still relegated to the detached shop about 150ft from the house.

Having a dedicated coffee area is awesome.

Wow, that looks great. I am in the process of building a house and have managed to allocate about 4ft of counter with two dedicated electric circuits and the necessary plumbing (supply and waste) for my GS3. Basically all I could do is co-op a corner of the kitchen. The 2kg roaster is still relegated to the detached shop about 150ft from the house.

Having a dedicated coffee area is awesome.
Oh, but a 2kg roaster...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Looks very nice. It is nice to have a dedicated space for coffee. Helps with avoiding the usual kitchen traffic. Any plans for a small sink?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was formerly a laundry room so all I had to do was remove the washer hookup box and replace it with lav shut offs and a drain stub out. Ready for a sink should I find a need for one. Have to see how the counter space plays out before cutting the granite for a sink.

There is also a dryer vent that is capped off now should I need exhaust.

That is looking very nice. But when compared to man-cave and she-shed it really needs a catchier name😀

Caffeine corner works for the typical kitchen setup. But this is more like a coffee pantry or a java space (unlike the software of the same name).

That is looking very nice. But when compared to man-cave and she-shed it really needs a catchier name😀

Caffeine corner works for the typical kitchen setup. But this is more like a coffee pantry or a java space (unlike the software of the same name).

Mick's coffee corral :cuppa:

OR

Mick's Coffee garage

Coffee closet?

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'd forgotten about this project. I'm trying to go to skool on you if we ever finish our new back entryway.

Top Bottom