What's new

New Clubman Reserve!

Well, now we have Gentlemen's Gin, Brandy spice, Whiskey Woods, Cognac Neat, Tequila Tease, and Sweet Rum. I only have room for 3 aftershaves at one time in my shaved den.

What do I do now?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
kwickone:
Upon opening the box, each plastic bottle came in sealed heavy plastic...awesome...no 'leaks'. Also, upon opening each package...each bottle was securely 'capped & wrapped' with the usual Clubman branding. :thumbsup:

After shaving today, I found the Tequila Tease to have crisp, bold refreshing lemon-lime scent w/ hints of rose and musk [a 'whisper' of baby's breath as it dries].

Although the details on the bottle states;

"The Tequila Tease scent creates crisp, sharp notes of effervescent lime and green leaves enriched with herbal and geranium notes of rose and lemon accents".

NOTE: However, I believe many of Pinuad's products can be 'drying' (because of it's high alcohol content), upon the face and body, but I've found (by 'trial & error'...I started with 2 drops at first), the addition of about 8 drops of glycerin per 6oz bottle greatly increases the moisturizing and toning aspects with no 'stickiness or heaviness'.

I'll post my other notes for the other two (2), aftershaves tomorrow and the next day. :ihih:

Gents
Today, I used Cognac Neat and found that it has a [masculine] base note of tobacco [cigar perhaps] w/ hints of musk and a touch of lemon. The longevity of this AS and the Tequila Tease [to include the rest of the Reserve line] is about 1½ - 2hrs. :wink:

The details on the bottle states;

The Cognac Neat scent combines sweet tobacco and a bright twist of lemon zest followed by scents of musk, patchouli and sandalwood blossom accents.

Again, I added around 8 drops of glycerin for moisturizing and toning. :thumbsup:
1586574544395.png
BTW, additional text in my posts above are in blue.

In saying that, I like both of these aftershaves (AS's), a lot and they're 'keepers' (to include the rest of the Reserve line)!

However, with their first set of AS's (between the three [3], of them, you say???), after a time...Gent's Gin slid in third as one of my favorites.
Aftershave Slap Smiley.gif

1586576124690.png
"I love a [aftershave] that can make memories come alive". Author Unknown

PS Hmmm, anyone notice that the description of the scent on the front of the bottle (to inlcude the other five [5]), is worded 'differently' (to a degree), than on the back
proxy.php

Last edited:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Gents:
Today, I used Sweet Rum and found that it does has a [masculine] island (Havana maybe), 'trifecta' base notes of sweet berries that brings-out the rum scent w/a faint woodsy and frankincense clean finish.

Again, the longevity of this AS is about 1½ - 2hrs (again a 'keeper'). :wink:

The info details on the bottle states;

"The Sweet Rum scent creates a warm tropical breeze of blackberry, black currant, black plum and cassis until it breaks free into a creamy, balsamic, woodsy blend of myrrh and frankincense".

proxy.php
“A good [aftershave] is really a powerful cocktail of memories and emotion". Jeffery Stepakoff

Gents:
Today, I used Sweet Rum and found that it does has a [masculine] island (Havana maybe), 'trifecta' base notes of sweet berries that brings-out the rum scent w/a faint woodsy and frankincense clean finish.

Again, the longevity of this AS is about 1½ - 2hrs (again a 'keeper'). :wink:

The info details on the bottle states;

"The Sweet Rum scent creates a warm tropical breeze of blackberry, black currant, black plum and cassis until it breaks free into a creamy, balsamic, woodsy blend of myrrh and frankincense".

proxy.php
“A good [aftershave] is really a powerful cocktail of memories and emotion". Jeffery Stepakoff
Sounds fabulous!

Well, now we have Gentlemen's Gin, Brandy spice, Whiskey Woods, Cognac Neat, Tequila Tease, and Sweet Rum. I only have room for 3 aftershaves at one time in my shaved den.

What do I do now?
Build a bigger shave den. Being a member of B&B, it would happen sooner or later anyway. Oh, and order to fill up your new den.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Build a bigger shave den. Being a member of B&B, it would happen sooner or later anyway. Oh, and order to fill up your new den.
It's like building a barn: as soon as you finish it, you realize you need a bigger barn!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Does the Tequila Tease dry down at all to a Lilac Vegetal vibe at all? I have not tried either, but the description of the Tease had me wondering....

Does the Tequila Tease dry down at all to a Lilac Vegetal vibe at all? I have not tried either, but the description of the Tease had me wondering....
I find that Lilac Vegetal is much longer lasting than either Sweet Rum or Tequila Tease. I haven't tried the Cognac yet, but the first two are gone, on me, in 30 minutes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Our mail in Michigan has become very spotty. I have no idea when I’ll be getting it in. The poor mail workers are being hit pretty hard I believe. I think about them daily.

I am loving the reviews from you folks though. Keep them coming!

I really enjoy all 3 of the newest flavors. I find them a bit similar in design to the last 3 and I’ll compare them that way. These seem to be lighter in scent strength overall. If you normally complain about the other scents being too strong, you might like these better.

The Tequila Tease is a light dry citrus lime scent and no juniper like the Gents Gin it compares with. I like TT better.

The Sweet Rum has a little sweet scent but not as fruity as the Brandy Spice that I think compares to it. Sweet Rum is more summertime in my mind where Brandy Spice seems a colder weather scent and probably my least favorite Pinaud scent.

I think the Cognac Neat compares closest to Whiskey woods. It’s a little sweeter, less woody and a bit more patchouli. It’s less assertive but longer lasting than the other new scents. Probably not as long lasting as whiskey woods though.

I’ll have to see which I like the best. They are all too new and interesting right now. Not a stinker in the bunch though.

Best Wishes,
Brian

Thanks for the report.

I am so excited about what the House of Pinaud is doing with all these new sents.

I could probably just live with the new Reserve colognes as my only after shaves!

Does it get any better?

My fantasy is that my local Wallgreens would carry them all!

I can't wait to try them all!

I wonder when travel sizes will be available?
They are affordable enough that the travel sizes won’t offer that big an advantage. You might be better off just getting the regular size bottles. You won’t feel bad about the big splash in the morning if you have a regular bottle!

They are affordable enough that the travel sizes won’t offer that big an advantage. You might be better off just getting the regular size bottles. You won’t feel bad about the big splash in the morning if you have a regular bottle!
This sort of sounds like temptation!

:a35:

Top Bottom