What's new

New Cheese dip

1lb. ground beef
1 box block chili (Famous, Four Star, Ziegler's)
1 lb. Velveeta
1 can Rotel
1 half pint whipping cream

brown and season beef, add block chili and heat thoroughly, cube up Velveeta, add in , stir until melted, add rotel and heat everthing until thoroughly hot, remove from neat and stir in whipping cream. Enjoy with your favorite chips and
adult beverages.

Paul Eells was the Voice of the Razorbacks for many years who died in a tragic car accident.

Voice of the Razorbacks Paul Eells Killed in Car Accident

This is a rich and filling dip.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Rather odd segue from cheese dip to Paul Eels, but I just happen to be wearing a Razorback shirt as I type.

What is block chili?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Block chili is the horrendous stuff you buy in block form at a supermarket. Use real chili.

@Deltaboy...your Texan card has just been revoked. :biggrin1:
Thanks, Mike.

The only thing I ever tried in a block that was good is El Yucateco achiote paste.

proxy.php

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Thanks, Mike.

The only thing I ever tried in a block that was good is El Yucateco achiote paste.

proxy.php
You might as well open a can of Wolf brand chili. Sorry Deltaboy, I'm sure it's good, but for Texans....

Block is available at some places. I may have to see if I can find some block chili and try Deltaboy's recipe...just for grins. That being said...I don't mind Wolf brand chili at times. Looks like an interesting recipe. I may try it.

Chili fight!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Famous-Chili-Inc-4-Star-Chili-15-oz/10322118

Texas Chili Company

If you have refrigeration, or a freezer, you can make your own which is much better.

old-fashioned brick chili recipe | Chili Recipes

An original chili recipe.

#1 Original San Antonio Chili

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
You might as well open a can of Wolf brand chili. Sorry Deltaboy, I'm sure it's good, but for Texans....

Block is available at some places. I may have to see if I can find some block chili and try Deltaboy's recipe...just for grins. That being said...I don't mind Wolf brand chili at times. Looks like an interesting recipe. I may try it.

Chili fight!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Famous-Chili-Inc-4-Star-Chili-15-oz/10322118

Texas Chili Company

If you have refrigeration, or a freezer, you can make your own which is much better.

old-fashioned brick chili recipe | Chili Recipes

An original chili recipe.

#1 Original San Antonio Chili
On the flip side, would you really want to mix good chili with Velveeta? Not me.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
On the flip side, would you really want to mix good chili with Velveeta? Not me.

Good, homemade chili mixed with anything? No! Well....

That looks like the classic cheese dip SWMBO makes sometimes...velveeta and rotel; his recipe just has some extras added. A pound of burger meat and a block of chili does sound like a lot of meat.

It may be good...full meal deal. I may try it.

Fritos scoop chips, anyone?

I never grew up using Block Chili but that Texas Brand one was thick and spicy. I tasted it before putting it in the Crock Pot. It worked great it real thick dip and very filling with all that meat 2 pounds worth. I ate the last up the day after Labor day . I got a big bowl of Fritos and made a Frito pie with the last part of this dip.

Next time I am going to serve it in a hollowed out loaf of French Bread.

Rather odd segue from cheese dip to Paul Eels, but I just happen to be wearing a Razorback shirt as I type.

What is block chili?

He is the one who shared the recipe on the Sports cast back in the late 1980's .

It comes in a box and sealed in plastic, the Texas brand was very thick to the point you could slice it.

Top Bottom