What's new

New Cella Bio line

How would you describe the scents?
I am not good at describing scents. I find it light, fresh and clean. The fragrance seems to be multi - layered, I cannot identify any particular scent. Overall, I find it pleasant. I hope someone else will be able to give you a useful answer...

Any other reviews of this? I’ve seen the YouTube videos that are in Italian, and unless I get my wife to translate- I’m not going to find out any more info on the scent profile.

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
It's an entirely new line, presented this year at the Cosmoprof Bologna 2019. It's starting to appear right now on a very few on-line wet-shaving sites here in Italy.

The scent is NOT the traditional Almond we are used to find in Cella and there's no soft soap (at least for now).

An update to my own post: this BIO line is starting to appear on the shelves of the shops here in Italy that already carry the traditional Red Cella.

And a soft soap is now available.

I should be testing both the soap and matching aftershave shortly.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I am not good at describing scents. I find it light, fresh and clean. The fragrance seems to be multi - layered, I cannot identify any particular scent. Overall, I find it pleasant. I hope someone else will be able to give you a useful answer...
I have been comparing the bio aftershave to the red and feel like the bio is different enough to justify getting it. Different but similar.

Found the ingredients list for the new Cella tub

INCI: aqua, sterica acid, cocos nucifera oil, potassium hydroxide, glycerine, myristic acid , sodium hydroxide, potassium carbonate, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, olea europaea fruit oil, bambusa vulgaris leaf/stem extract, bisabolol, parfum

1- Water is the number one ingredient, vs. #4 in the original red tub
2- it contains myristic acid, a typical ingredient found in creams but not in soaps
3- Aloe vera, olive oil, bamboo extract, chamomile oil are nice additions

This new version is a cream, not a croap (confirmed seeing its consistency in some Youtube videos from Italian wetshavers).

I have the bio splash. To my nose, it smells like Hermès eau d’orange vert. Kind of an orange fruit, rind, zest, flower, neroli type scent. Very light.

Hard to describe, but very similar.

I didn’t get pink pepper in the bio.

I have the bio splash. To my nose, it smells like Hermès eau d’orange vert. Kind of an orange fruit, rind, zest, flower, neroli type scent. Very light.

Your description makes me want to buy some of the splash:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds nice. I love neroli musk fragrances.

I picked up a tube of the Cella shaving cream over the counter at Q Brothers in Chicago yesterday. The price was $11.50 for a 5.1 fl oz/150ml tube.

After using it the first time this morning, the jury is out with me. There was no real scent to speak of, but my schnoz is questionable sometimes. The lather whipped up pretty well in my scuttle, with a 1.5-inch line making enough for my three pass shave, plus some.

In use, the slickness seemed to be good, but not quite up to the TOBS or T&H creams I use. I did end up with a bunch of weepers when done, which never happens. My face doesn't feel any more abused than it does after any shave, so that doesn't seem to be an issue.

Overall, the cream is "ok". I need to try it a few more times to make a definitive call on it.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Figured I would post my experience from another thread as well!

I last tried the red cella soft soap almost 10 years ago. I didn't like the almond scent, so I never bought again. Come to think of it, I really had little idea what I was doing lathering, so that probably played a role. I went down the soap hole, trying the newest, best artisan releases.

But, after hearing about the new version of cella, and hearing @Marco 's praises of the brand, I thought a retry would be worth my money. And I am happy I did. I just had the first shave with the new Cella Organic shaving soap. I am positively blown away.

I normally don't get along well with vegan products. Even the very best vegan soaps, like Grooming Department, just don't seem to get along well with me. No such trouble with cella.

Unlike a normal soap, which can always seem to use a little bit more loading, Cella bio let me know when the loading was complete by producing copious bubbles on the brush. And, ease of lathering with this product is great. I didn't have the problem of needing to get the amount of water I added exactly correct. The initial lather seemed fine, and when I added some water, it kept seeming fine. Cella bio tolerates wildly different amounts of water, which makes mornings simpler.

Scent - the scent is absolutely perfect. Subtle, and I could easily use it in any season.

Another great attribute is the bowl. Modern shaving soaps tend to have bowls that are too wide for my preference. I prefer a bowl of medium diameter that is deeper. Cella hit it out of the park with the design of their bowl.

The price can't be beat. I only wish that I lived in Italy where it would be even cheaper. But even so, this is cheap, at a mere $10 and change per puck.

And so I have to take my hat off to Marco, and the Italian soap making tradition. Having now tried the big soap-making countries - the UK, the US, Germany, and Italy - I have a clear favorite.

Finally, I ask for all your experiences with Cella. Is the aftershave balm any good? What are tricks for lathering the soft soap? Should I leave the soap to dry, or put the lid on right away? And, Marco, a serious thanks for your advocacy of this brand!

Top Bottom