What's new

New Cella Bio line

The only thing i know, is that it has aloe vera. Shaving cream, splash and balm. It might be the new "vegan" soap, that i had written about previously in another thread about Cella. But i don't have access to the composition, so this is just guessing.

The box of the shaving cream, mentions "sensitive skin".

1.png

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    779.6 KB · Views: 59
Interesting.

Did they also change the scent? If so, I might give this a try.

I also hope it's not brushless.

I have no idea. The new line isn't even present in Cella's website yet. I just got an email about it from a local shop that now sells it, but it gives no useful information other than the fact that it's "biological" product, with aloe and "precious biological oils" and produced with the "original procedure of vapor heater". This shops sells it for EUR 7,50. 150ml tube. There is no visible indication on the box of it being brushless, so i assume it is to be used with brush.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for sharing. I have only tried Cella soap in the red tub and I like it. I might do some research on this one.

I watched (not entirely) 2 videos and i can safely say, it has no tallow. It is glycerin based (but also has stearic acid).

Scent, is described as mild, with pink pepper and wood. Maybe aloe too.

Here are videos of the 2 most famous italian wetshavers of youtube:

I don't think many watch 20-30 mins long shaving vids :)
Thank you for sharing this, it's very interesting news.
What do you think of the lather it produced (in the videos at least)?

I don't think many watch 20-30 mins long shaving vids :)
Thank you for sharing this, it's very interesting news.
What do you think of the lather it produced (in the videos at least)?

Yes, they both have many followers, for the reason that they do more of a shaving show, than a shaving review. No wonder they were both approached my the industry and now they have their own soap lines... But i don't have the patience to watch them from start to finish.

The first shaver, is a proponent of the "plaster lather", which has some cult-like followers i suppose, but it's not similar to the way i lather, so i can't arrive to safe conclusions. But i 've seen him do dryer lathers, this one seems creamier than usual. He also strikes his cheek with this fingernail to evaluate cushion and the soap seems to persist. I 've seen him with other soaps where the soap is removed. I think i recall him saying that this, according to his test theory, means it has good cushion.

The second shaver is known to prefer bowl lathering, but his lather seems more close to what i do, although i think i would have added a bit more water and swirled more, but overall looks good. The problem is, that most soaps, if you work them with the correct water and air ratio, look good.

So at the end, your guess is as good as mine.

Most of the youtubers are using more product for one shave than I'd use in a week of daily shaves.
The cream seems to be making good lather and I have high expectations from Cella. I expect them not to put in the market any product that's not at the same level as their famous extra purissima.

Most of the youtubers are using more product for one shave than I'd use in a week of daily shaves.

Yes, i guess you could say that. This is the typical "testing method" of the 1st gentleman (he calls it "the 3 lines"):

1.png

The cream seems to be making good lather and I have high expectations from Cella. I expect them not to put in the market any product that's not at the same level as their famous extra purissima.

I don't think it's bad either. They had ample time to test the new product.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
It's an entirely new line, presented this year at the Cosmoprof Bologna 2019. It's starting to appear right now on a very few on-line wet-shaving sites here in Italy.

The scent is NOT the traditional Almond we are used to find in Cella and there's no soft soap (at least for now).

Yes, they both have many followers, for the reason that they do more of a shaving show, than a shaving review. No wonder they were both approached my the industry and now they have their own soap lines... But i don't have the patience to watch them from start to finish.

The first shaver, is a proponent of the "plaster lather", which has some cult-like followers i suppose, but it's not similar to the way i lather, so i can't arrive to safe conclusions. But i 've seen him do dryer lathers, this one seems creamier than usual. He also strikes his cheek with this fingernail to evaluate cushion and the soap seems to persist. I 've seen him with other soaps where the soap is removed. I think i recall him saying that this, according to his test theory, means it has good cushion.

The second shaver is known to prefer bowl lathering, but his lather seems more close to what i do, although i think i would have added a bit more water and swirled more, but overall looks good. The problem is, that most soaps, if you work them with the correct water and air ratio, look good.

So at the end, your guess is as good as mine.
What is plaster lather? :001_huh:

What is plaster lather? :001_huh:

It is as faithful of a translation of the term he uses, as my english permits it. It's the white substance you put on a wall hole to cover it for example. He means, a lather that is very dense, has very high quantity of soap and little water. See here for a good example:

It is as faithful of a translation of the term he uses, as my english permits it. It's the white substance you put on a wall hole to cover it for example. He means, a lather that is very dense, has very high quantity of soap and little water. See here for a good example:

So he doesn't even shave? I don't get this youtuber.
Anyway, it's just a really dense regular lather and he spent 10 minutes making it.. definitely didn't invent the wheel.

So he doesn't even shave? I don't get this youtuber.
Anyway, it's just a really dense regular lather and he spent 10 minutes making it.. definitely didn't invent the wheel.

That's why he is a celebrity. Think of him as Salvador Dali of wetshaving. A genius not understood by everyone. He has his own testing method, where: 1) he builds the really dense lather (think of 3-5 times the soap an average wetshaver uses), 2) he uses a towel to move air around to see how the lather will behave (i think whether it will dissipate or not) and 3) he rubs his finger on his cheek, to assess cushion if i am not mistaken (it's been a long time since i had followed the entire testing routine explanation, but i am fairly sure, his fingernail emulates the razor blade). This way he reviews soaps without actually shaving. 8500 subscribers (which is very high for non english speaking wetshaver), Extrò cosmesi has named a dedicated line of soap and aftershave after him.

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s necessarily genius just because it’s not easy to understand.

Sometimes “baffling” arrives alone, without redeeming features.

I am too old to understand him, but i have added his video too, out of intellectual honesty, because in his Cella video, i managed to see the ingredients, enough to be certain that it has no tallow. And something about the scent. And since i "extracted" this information from his review, i thought it would be honest to add his video too. Also because these are the 2 most followed and he has a cult-like army of followers, so i want to remain "neutral".

His lather is not the way i make lather and i would have never imagined such a testing method, but i am also too old to even try it for myself to see if there is a logic in the method. But i don't like Salvador Dali either... He is though very useful, in that he usually shows the ingredients directly from the box and he also has an impressive array of brushes. So, if you are trying to see a brush in action, chances are, he has it.

i’m enjoying watching the mauro show, i dont know what he is saying 95% of the time. wish someone did up some eng captions for him.

much more enjoyable to watch than some of the american youtubers ive listened to, just accent wise.

I tried the new Cella Bio products today. I bowl lathered the cream, which was easy and quick to do. The shave was very good. I then used the splash which produced very little sting (I don't know if there is any alcohol in it) and felt good on the skin. The aftershave balm was also pleasant. All three of them smell great to me, and overall performance of each product was very good. Like the original Cella (which I have not used) the price is very reasonable.

Top Bottom