What's new

New case for new laptop

Fun fact...the average life expectancy of an iPad (and probably other tablet devices) is about 4.5 years. My 5.5 year old iPad Air 2 has pretty much validated that.
So, a new MacBook Pro is on the way.
Question....I want another case from Saddleback Leather for the new
laptop. I have heard though that Saddleback gear ain’t what it used to be 10 years ago. Fact or vicious rumor? I know that it hasn’t gotten any less expensive 😳

I just ordered my first MBP today, so I'm hoping the system holds up well. I'm a Linux fan, but Mac is close enough and seems well designed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Avi
I just ordered my first MBP today, so I'm hoping the system holds up well. I'm a Linux fan, but Mac is close enough and seems well designed.

I still remember when I got my first job, I had an old clunky Dell machine that was running some version of red-hat and my GF (at the time) had a Mac laptop. I kept looking at my machine and then her machine .. and was like "and you have a bash shell too!?!? its really the best of both worlds, unix enough (particularly with all the free linuxizations ) + you can speak everyone else language (word, powerpoint etc) as well.

The flip from intel to arm is going to be a bit weird though, but they do love changing architectures/chips every 10 years.

Regards
Avi

my computer is a macbook pro from 2011. Still kicking strong. she is getting a little slow so im going to upgrade the ram to 16 gb, but so far its doing everything i wanted.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I have several pieces from Saddleback that I purchased over a span of years. I just bought an Indiana Leather Satchel in Tobacco from them last month. The quality is as good as ever. :thumbup1:

IMG_0158.jpeg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Fun fact...the average life expectancy of an iPad (and probably other tablet devices) is about 4.5 years. My 5.5 year old iPad Air 2 has pretty much validated that.
So, a new MacBook Pro is on the way.
Question....I want another case from Saddleback Leather for the new
laptop. I have heard though that Saddleback gear ain’t what it used to be 10 years ago. Fact or vicious rumor? I know that it hasn’t gotten any less expensive 😳

What was your reasoning for not going with another ipad?

I have the iPad Pro 10.5” from 2017. I’ve been trying to decide all year weather I want another ipad or a laptop.

For the price difference (which isn't all that much really) a laptop can do somewhat more than a pad. Plus the notion of having a REAL keyboard, not an add-on and other options including a CD-DVD Drive, full size mouse, and the like has a certain appeal.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
For the price difference (which isn't all that much really) a laptop can do somewhat more than a pad. Plus the notion of having a REAL keyboard, not an add-on and other options including a CD-DVD Drive, full size mouse, and the like has a certain appeal.

I've gotten so used to the apps though. Might be tough to go back to using a browser for everything.

I'm still on the fence!

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I carried Saddleback for a long time. Through airports and train stations all over the world. Great products and I loved them. They just got too heavy for me and I switched to a Filson canvas bag. My back and shoulder are much happier.

You mean an external CD drive? What's your use case that you'd consider that a positive? We haven't had anything in the house that can read optical media in years - if you gave me a CD or DVD I'd be completely stumped :)

Use? For one.....
Old data that was stored on such media back in ancient
times.
We have a few of these also.
D473BBFD-1C4D-40FC-802D-400F9789FB45.png

60E38CAD-F2A3-4A9C-9B2B-CC7BFA14ECA7.jpeg
71454AC8-D18B-44B4-BD9C-C7C1FEEEEB83.jpeg

Case arrived today..nice bit of work. Seems very well made; the pigskin suede lining is a great touch. Now hopefully the MacBook will fit🤞🏻

So, the MacBook Pro arrived. For sure, there are a few things that will take a little getting used to which differ from the iPad, but wow.....
The edge surely goes to the MacBook. Now granted, I also have a desktop Mac which aids in the transition. However, this was surely the correct choice. And....the Saddleback case fits like a champ👌🏼.

So, the MacBook Pro arrived. For sure, there are a few things that will take a little getting used to which differ from the iPad, but wow.....
The edge surely goes to the MacBook. Now granted, I also have a desktop Mac which aids in the transition. However, this was surely the correct choice. And....the Saddleback case fits like a champ[emoji1362].
Great looking case. I am getting used to the MBP myself. Love it so far though.

Top Bottom