What's new

NEW Cartridge Razor - Bushranger 'bites' the bullet

I had a great Made-in-England "NEW" (nib) with ball-end-tip, but the sleeve cracked as they often do. I love these British long teeth combs and wondered what I could use.

Off to the armoury and voila, my cartridge razor is a NEW .338 Lapua Magnum :thumbup: :a41:

sorry about the pics....phone-camera. I'm sure I'm not the first to do this, and it DOES look much better in reality. Feels terrific as well.
:biggrin1:

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

Last edited:
Thanks guys. For the moment I've left it hollow. The pivot point is in a great spot with this head. It is at the shoulder/neck of the casing. For a heavy handle, I have a CoonCatBob Mastiff. The .338LM would house some decent weight in itself. My hand rarely gets wet and never has lather on it. I will let you know after I deliberately wet it (without lather) to find out. The armourer did not even blink, he said this is nothing to most of the questions he receives. :laugh:

It is a pretty clever idea. I will have to dig out my box of old brass and see what I got. Where I grew up in Florida, I used to shoot a lot at an large open clay pit - abandoned at the time. Picked up shell casings all the time, some of them quite vintage. Can you imagine that? Recreational shooters who just drop their brass and leave them behind. I know for a fact I've shot rifle shell casings more then 30 times with medium loads + lead only, before cracking and needing annealing.

I don't recall, can primers still be corrosive after they have been used? Kind of wonder if water got to it if that might be a minor issue.

-jim

It is a pretty clever idea. I will have to dig out my box of old brass and see what I got. Where I grew up in Florida, I used to shoot a lot at an large open clay pit - abandoned at the time. Picked up shell casings all the time, some of them quite vintage. Can you imagine that? Recreational shooters who just drop their brass and leave them behind. I know for a fact I've shot rifle shell casings more then 30 times with medium loads + lead only, before cracking and needing annealing.

I don't recall, can primers still be corrosive after they have been used? Kind of wonder if water got to it if that might be a minor issue.

-jim

As far as I know, boxer primers are non-corrosive :001_smile

Thanks for the comments guys. Some very funny ones amongst them. :biggrin: For the moment, it's slightly crimped on. It feels good and head-heavy 'unloaded'. I may try it with some weight 'loaded' into the casing before deciding on a permanent or 'changeable' fixation. A thread is not an option as the casing wall too thin. Any suggestions are welcome.

With lather on the hands, it is slippy, with just water, not so much. The thickness of the handle makes it more dextrous and secure than say a smoothed-out OLD handle.

This handle, and CoonCat's Mastif reinforce my even greater pleasure of these razors over TTO gillettes. I envy the variety Slaglerock has at his disposal :wink: (just kidding Rob) :smile:

Top Bottom