What's new

New build

This section of the forums doesn't get much love does it? Well it's had a nice two month nap, so let's see if we can wake it up for a little bit. :laugh:

I recently got a wire pack, and went to work playing around wrapping my own coils. I had made some twisted and some parallels with some wire I had, but I have more options now.

I made a basic clapton coil. It was just ehhh. Not a lot of flavor to it. Then I made a staple coil. 8 flat wires wrapped like a clapton. Flavor was a little better, but still not super impressed.

Now on to my pride and joy. I made a stapled helix coil, and it is just great! I took 5 pieces of .4 flat wire, and stacked them vertically. Twisted some 30g and framed the flat wire on both sides. Then stagger wrapped the whole mess with 36g. Coiled them with 4 wraps on a 3mm tool. A dual coil setup ohms out at .11 and I am running it at 70 watts. Nice cool vape, lots of flavor, and LOTS of cloud!

Here is a photo of them in my Fumytech Cyclon RDA.

$20170108_123257.jpg

Last edited:
Nice coils, too complicated for me. I just use flattened stainless steel wire :lol:

Thanks! They actually aren't that complicated. Dip your fingers in water and run it down the flat wires and they will stick together. Then tape or wire the ends, position the twisted wires and tape/wire the ends of those also. Then the tricky part is keeping it all together and in line while you do the outer wrap. I just used flat pliers to position/hold them and wrapped a little wire to "clamp" them every 2-3 inches. Then just removed those "clamps" when I got to them with the outer wrap.

Impressive work. I stick with single round SS, so all I can do is appreciate the artistry. If I feel REALLY adventurous, I'll do a 2-strand twisted!

Really nice work there!

Building complex wires like that is fun and exciting, but I am lazy... for simpler wires (claptons, fused claptons, etc.) I just buy pre-made spools haha

Building complex wires like that is fun and exciting, but I am lazy... for simpler wires (claptons, fused claptons, etc.) I just buy pre-made spools haha

I've recently had hip surgery, so lots of time on my hands at the moment. :lol: Keeps me occupied. I'm finding I really like the flavor that the flat wire builds give. Things like the frame staples.

Wow, cool vape at 70W. I wouldn't have thought it possible. Very nice work. :thumbup1:

Thank you sir! I actually just built a twisted frame staple that is running at 110 watts, that is still fairly cool. Too much ramp up time to really run it lower, but it's not hot, just a little warm. It's in the show off your builds sticky that some idiot didn't even realize was there when he started posting all this build stuff..... :a52: :lol:

Top Bottom