What's new

New budget Simpson synthetic: Trafalgar

There are two takes:

Will it hurt the sales of the more expensive others?

Or make you want to buy your first Simpson, possibly moving on to the higher end ones?

I got a brush yesterday and I want one of these now! o_O

AA

Yeah I fell for that one. Got a T1 and ended up with a Chubby1 synthetic. :blushing:

1584460566920.png

I'm really interested in a comparison between this two.

I'll get back to you when I've used it. So far I like the T1 a lot. Straight out the box the Chubby feels like a more expensive brush. Bare in mind I've never seen a 'proper' Simpson before of any kind. The handle is a great size, shape and weight. The knot is even denser than the T1 or feels it. the fibres are different. The T1 definitely has softer tips, almost too soft, but first impressions are the Chubby fibres will be really good.

So far I'm not regretting buying it. I got over the price difference before I pushed the button and I aint beating myself up now. The price for a shaving brush, any shaving brush, is nuts but I haven't indulged in high cost shaving gear before so this is my one exception.

The driver for the decision was the size. The T1 with it's small short loft and density really hits the spot for me as an exclusive face latherer. I don't like big brushes. I avoided the Chubby 2 and Duke 3 synthetics for that reason. When I saw the Chubby 1 I had to have it. Small short dense knot with a great handle. S'aul Good Man. :thumbup1:

I'll get back to you when I've used it. So far I like the T1 a lot. Straight out the box the Chubby feels like a more expensive brush. Bare in mind I've never seen a 'proper' Simpson before of any kind. The handle is a great size, shape and weight. The knot is even denser than the T1 or feels it. the fibres are different. The T1 definitely has softer tips, almost too soft, but first impressions are the Chubby fibres will be really good.

So far I'm not regretting buying it. I got over the price difference before I pushed the button and I aint beating myself up now. The price for a shaving brush, any shaving brush, is nuts but I haven't indulged in high cost shaving gear before so this is my one exception.

The driver for the decision was the size. The T1 with it's small short loft and density really hits the spot for me as an exclusive face latherer. I don't like big brushes. I avoided the Chubby 2 and Duke 3 synthetics for that reason. When I saw the Chubby 1 I had to have it. Small short dense knot with a great handle. S'aul Good Man. :thumbup1:

We appear to have similar preferences in brushes.
One more reason to wait for your feedback, but take your time as the Simpson might take some time to open the not, so I've heard.

I’m in my bunker and brought a couple of my unused Maseto’s. Oh well; there’s a reason they’re unused. Wanted a T3, but none seem available in the States, and who knows now about international delivery. So the Chubby synth it is. Ordered today, so hopefully I’ll be back in my happy place soon! In the meantime, my Yaqi Tuxedo travel brush will have to do. All are healthy so I suppose life could be a lot worse, including on the shaving brush front.

We have relisted the brushes Sir, you are correct.

There is a slight delay on production, owing to a two fold problem:

1) Material coming in on the drip (taking forever with the current pandemic)

2) We are working split shifts in the factory as we attempt to keep the staff safe distancing

The good news though is they’re back!

Best wishes and prayers for the health and wellbeing of the good folks at Simpson’s.

As far as I know the Isle of Man hasn't been affected yet. Though some mug did arrive recently and did not do a 14 day required quarantine. Ended up in jail I believe. Anyway...I'm really liking my T1. Nice Nice.

Placed my order for a T3 at Simpson’s today to be tacked onto my order of the Petrol Head IOM TT. Learned will be another week’s delay for doing that, but at least I have one coming.

I’m in my bunker and brought a couple of my unused Maseto’s. Oh well; there’s a reason they’re unused. Wanted a T3, but none seem available in the States, and who knows now about international delivery. So the Chubby synth it is. Ordered today, so hopefully I’ll be back in my happy place soon! In the meantime, my Yaqi Tuxedo travel brush will have to do. All are healthy so I suppose life could be a lot worse, including on the shaving brush front.

What did you order the Chubby 2 synthetic?

Well, I just ordered the T3 and The Petrol Head IOM TT Limited Edition (which was on sale) from Simpson directly. Figured it will take some time to get here with everything that is going on. BTW shipping was very reasonable. Can't wait to try these.

Top Bottom