What's new

New brush

At the end of last year I got interested in adding a new brush to the rotation. I’ve never owned a keyhole style before and was interested to try one. I contacted Rudy Vey and sketched up a design. I felt that the very simple geometric nature of the keyhole - basically a cone intersecting a sphere could make for a nice Art Deco aspect. Rudy made up a very nice handle in black and white resin. Although Rudy can get some excellent Shavemac knots (I have 2 of the D01s, both excellent), I decided to have Scott Stewart at Declaration Grooming install a 24mm B3 knot. I have a B3 in a Wolf Whiskers handle and it is a very good knot - sensible density, plenty of backbone and good scrub. Everything I like in a brush.

The new brush is excellent. Even though the knot still has a bit of breakin needed it is clearly a great combination. Modern art with an old fashioned style. And outstanding work from craftsmen Rudy and Scott.

16696C9A-09CC-4AF6-8930-48492506B8C4.jpeg

A422FA4A-11BE-4DE1-B4B1-64DB7C94322B.jpeg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Nice aftershave, lovely soap, superb razor, and a great blade bank! I even like the brush. Really beautiful kit 👍

I don't know why but Keyhole brush looks kind of cool and funky at the same time. Like it is suppose to be some kind of piece on a chess board.

Top Bottom