What's new

New Brush

Hello all,
Just got this custom made brush from a good friend, Paul, aka Stone and Strop on this website. It is just perfect and its the most beautiful brush now in my collection (and its quite a big collection). The attention to detail on him making the handle is remarkable, truly custom work, as he saw how I put my hands on a brush to create lather and made the perfect grip for me. The stabilized burl wood I purchased last year from Dave Bell, I do not recall what wood it is. The knot is special, 23mm, made just for me from a company in Germany. I get the company to select only the thinnest diameter badger tips, it costs a bit more, but absolutely worth every dollar. These are the finest knots I have ever come across, and thats including all the big names. This brush is spectacular..its a wooow. Thank you Paul!!!
OstlerBrush.JPG
OstlerBrush1.JPG

Last edited:
So how does one order such a knot?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

which company makes the knot

These knots are supplied from a friend of Jim's in Germany.
As with many things even he managed to order some more they may not be exactly the same as these.
I would of course order some with him given the chance non the less.
I had hoped he had more from the last purchase and wanted to buy them from him but he only had 2 left so he said he would give me one if I would make him a brush from the block of stabilized he had.

I am just glad I didn't screw up the blank on him and extremely happy that he likes it.
He only had a few words about making it. Leave some loft like the ones I make for myself and he wanted the type of shape that I like to use. That's it!

There is no finish on the stabilized blocks I turn. They are just sanded through to 12k then a furniture wax and power buffed.
The finish will never degrade because there isn't one and the wax can be refreshed easily whenever wanted.

So how does one order such a knot?

I'll be making an order for a few more knots sometime in the spring, just waiting for the Covid19 to settle. If you are interested I could get an extra for you. Please remember that me and Paul like a brush with extremely soft tips, no scritch, but with backbone. This knot in the pic is 23mm, but looks like a 26mm from most companies.

I'll be making an order for a few more knots sometime in the spring, just waiting for the Covid19 to settle. If you are interested I could get an extra for you. Please remember that me and Paul like a brush with extremely soft tips, no scritch, but with backbone. This knot in the pic is 23mm, but looks like a 26mm from most companies.
Shoot me a pm if u do order...this sounds fun!

Top Bottom