What's new

New Brush

As I am not new to wet shaving, I am new to the DE aspect of wet shaving and the good shave soaps and creams. I just ordered my first Merkur HD, extra blades, and some Taylor's avocado. I have been using a cheap Wal-Mart pig brush, which works well with my Burts Bee bay rum shave soap (no longer available :frown: ). I am thinking about stepping up to one of those best badger from C&E. Is there any other comparable brands in this price range? And is this a good brush for creams?

It is a good brush for soaps and creams, though I find myself using it a bit more often for soaps due to its stiffness. Works fine either way. There is nothing else of comparable value at the price point, IMO. If you want soft super badger, you are starting up in the $60 range, like the deliciously decadent SR-208 from QED.

Sounds good. From what I read on B&B it seems like a good starter before stepping up to the higher end brushes for now anyways.

Thanx

Interestingly, Edwin Jagger adds a small needle in the base that shoots out the first time you use the brush, injecting you with a slow acting poison that causes feelings of brush inadequacy. The end result is a rapid draining of your savings as you feel the need to spend more and more money on brushes, soaps, creams, razors, etc. It is reported that the slow and painful death actually is accompanied by mild euphoria. Go figure. :tongue_sm

Scotto said:
Interestingly, Edwin Jagger adds a small needle in the base that shoots out the first time you use the brush, injecting you with a slow acting poison that causes feelings of brush inadequacy. The end result is a rapid draining of your savings as you feel the need to spend more and more money on brushes, soaps, creams, razors, etc. It is reported that the slow and painful death actually is accompanied by mild euphoria. Go figure. :tongue_sm

I don't think that's only true of Edwin Jagger brushes, I'm a big fan of Kent Brushes and am now looking at the Simpson line, for some reason I don't find Rooneys particularly attractive ... YET!

Tony (?)

What they failed to mention about the needle is that you feel compelled to recommend the brush to others. This is it's clever way of propagating itself.

They told me about that brush some weeks ago and I must say, "it's all true! I bought it; it's great; you'll be happy with it."

Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh!

Bob

I'm on record on this forum somewhere stating that a Kent BK12 is too big for me and I don't want one. Two months later and I'm the proud owner of a BK12!

Ok I just got back from the mall and I got the brush and went to the mailbox and found my new razor and cream. Can't wait to try everything out:biggrin:

I just used C&E brush for first time. Aside from the smell (that is going to go away i am sure) the brush is great. Not too soft, not too stiff. I honestly dont see a point of spending more $ on one. I would not mind trying the 60 dollar brush for the hell of it, but the volfix one that i wanted people say is too soft ( and i dont like too soft). I think for 37 bux including tax, its a great brush. Going to let dad try it, and if he likes it he will get one for his bday. The brush looks much bigger after you use it as well (which is a nice thing) . Thats it, go buy ; )

thanks guys for recomending it and saving me few bux.

P.S. Tried using the sample of "art of shaving" cream. Worked ok, but so far I liked the Sienna C&E cream better. going to order samples and see what I like.

I did it! I am a man now:001_rolle That was a nice brush, nice razor, and nice cream. I found out quick to just not be scared of the razor and just shave. I did cheat though I used my mach III to shape my gotee and sideburns.....just for now though.

Good on you Tony:thumbup: Sound like your on the track to success!
Its a great feeling when you acheive results, aint it.

Nicely done, Tony. Also, very good point about not fearing the razor. It is necessary to respect but can be dangerous to fear it.

Scotto said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol::lol:
:lol:

Leisureguy,
I have the mustache razor and use it every day. Many people don't really care for it though, it would seem...

Top Bottom