What's new

New brush recommendation

I currently have an Omega boar and a Fendrihan pure badger. I find the pure badger is a bit to 'prickly' for my tastes and has not really softened up much. I'm looking to upgrade and am considering 2 brushes-Edwin Jagger best badger or the Parker Silver Tip. Both are right around what I want to spend. Any recommendations?

I gave a Parker silver tip. Not bad, but I still upgraded to a Simpson Chubby3 super. Can't beat the face feel.

Never thought of building my own brush. Interesting. Another brush I am looking at in the same price range is the Simpson Commodore X2. Any experience with that brush?

Yeah but depending on the knot you often want to drill down. Definitely want it 5-10mm deeper on a fan shape. Stock loft would work on a bigger bulb though.

As one who has has used a Rooney for several years, it would be hard to beat the clearance sale at Vintage Blades at that price point. A classic English silvertip at around $50.

Semogue 1305 boar. It will take a little time to break in, but is perfect for face and bowl lathering.

Top Bottom