What's new

New brush just arrived and can’t wait to use it!

Found this one on a whim, decided to pull the trigger on it. Needs a bit of a clean but it is SO freakin soft! Not bad for a used brush, it’s in amazing shape!

Larry

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I looked up the French - pure badger - which surprised me as I thought from looking at it that it was boar.

Cool brush.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
It’s definitely badger and it’s the softest badger I’ve ever felt. The handle itself is real burl wood and is quite comfortable to hold. You can tell the French put some quality in the making of this one.

Larry

I didn't doubt that it was badger. I doubted my opinion of what boar looks like as opposed to pure badger about which I know very little.

It's a lovely brush. I appreciate getting a view of it.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I looked up the French - pure badger - which surprised me as I thought from looking at it that it was boar.

Cool brush.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Doesn't mean it is just a basic pure badger, it all means (see my postings in the Pure badger thread here in this forum) that the hair is from a badger, and is used for all grades - like the German Reindachs...

Doesn't mean it is just a basic pure badger, it all means (see my postings in the Pure badger thread here in this forum) that the hair is from a badger, and is used for all grades - like the German Reindachs...

So true Rudy, I have a high quality silver tip I bought from Larry at Whipped Dog and I can honestly say the Plisson is a smidge softer in feel against my face. You can definitely tell is not a low grade badger because it’s so soft and no scritch unlike a Simpson butterscotch I have. It really is a beautiful brush when you see it in person, might have to bring it to show ya Rudy when I can get my Simpson re-knotted.

Larry

Lucky find. Both beautiful and appears to be a pleasure to use. I wonder how rare a Plisson burl brush is?

Beats me but according to the website, its briar, the cheapest is $215 US and up to $268 US. My biggest issue is IDK if the hair on my brush is European White or European Gray. Mine looks like neither, but its soft like crazy and feels amazing to use.

Larry

Beats me but according to the website, its briar, the cheapest is $215 US and up to $268 US. My biggest issue is IDK if the hair on my brush is European White or European Gray. Mine looks like neither, but its soft like crazy and feels amazing to use.

Larry

The hair looks blonde or maybe dark blonde. The right color for the handle.

Never heard of briar in a brush, but of course! As a recovering pipe smoker it seems like an obvious choice. Very nice.

Top Bottom