What's new

New brush by Rick Montalvo

Just received my first artisan made brush. While biding my time on the wait list for a Wolf Whiskers custom brush, I noticed on his store this beautiful blue brush made by his father-in-law Rick Montalvo. Peter supplies the handle material and sets the knots, but Rick does everything else. While I don't have any experience with artisan made brushes, I'm no stranger to hand crafted items as I am an amateur knife maker. The attention to detail and fit and finish is great in this handle and I am more than happy.

After the order had been placed, Peter emailed me confirming which knot I wanted, to which I replied with a TGN silver tip grade A bulb knot. Well, here she is just after unboxing, and one pic of the brush hair after conditioning it. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, and I will report my findings once I've had some time with it. The handle though is absolutely stunning, with the bottom having some translucency to it, which I absolutely love.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Thanks everyone, i’ll Be using it for the month of May and will post a review afterwards.

Picked up another one that popped up on Peter's site a few days ago. Another great brush by Rick, this time with a black wolf synthetic.

proxy.php

947E4DDA-90D8-411A-8085-BCD6B41AB124.png
AA5C046C-6426-4992-888F-40D5589FFE55.png
I ordered this over the weekend with a black wolf synthetic fan knot looking forward to getting it. It’s a beauty i’ll probably post another pic when I get it.

@Maponis congrats, that's a real beauty of a brush, take some more pics when you receive it and let us know what you think.
It just shipped today with the holiday and all when I get it I will post a few more pics I’m waiting for him to post another brush that speaks to me and say”buy me” I want one with the 2 band badger in it. I saw 2 nice brushes post after mine but the colors weren’t for me. Rick really does do nice work turning them I’m glad I caught this one. That blue brush is a great brush to.

Top Bottom