What's new

New brush, but which one (a good synth or a Silvertip badger)

Neither the T2 nor the Evo splay easily. How about a RazoRock 400 with a "Plissoft Noir" (Boss) knot? It's around the 25-30 euros mark.
I noticed that with my Simpson Trafalgar T2 that initially it was difficult to get it to splay but after a week or so of use it splays easily now. The Stirling synthetic brush I have was the same way but a little shorter timeframe to get it t splay

Last edited:
AP shave Co G5A synthetic. It's the best face lathering synthetic on the market. The water retention is incredible and no other knot can touch it for softness. It's short lofted so while it's certainly not difficult to splay it does require some pressure to splay it. It's very similar to the EJ/Muhle STF but much more dense with more backbone. Trafalgar T2 can't touch it for softness.
I’m in AP Shave Co website. Which ones are the G5a? For synthetics, I see cashmere, faux horse, 2bed, AP Luxury, flat top, tuxedo, Synbad, Silksmoke and Gelousy. I was looking in Timeless series brushes as ones you can buy straight up. In the modern series you buy the handle but I once you select the knot, it’s not clear if these are the G5a knots.

I’m in AP Shave Co website. Which ones are the G5a? For synthetics, I see cashmere, faux horse, 2bed, AP Luxury, flat top, tuxedo, Synbad, Silksmoke and Gelousy. I was looking in Timeless series brushes as ones you can buy straight up. In the modern series you buy the handle but I once you select the knot, it’s not clear if these are the G5a knots.
None of those. The G5 line has it's own category on the sites. They're not listed with the regular synthetics.

None of those. The G5 line has it's own category on the sites. They're not listed with the regular synthetics.

Thanks, what’s the difference between the G5a and G5b besides color and price? I prefer the most backbone. I sent Andrew a similar question but it may take time as i sent Brendt from Shavemac a question Fri and no idea when I’ll hear back from him.

Top Bottom