What's new

New Bourbon for me

My wife gave me a bottle of bourbon for Christmas that I had never even heard of before. Its from a distillery in Portland, which is about 30 minutes from where I currently live. For only having been aged four years it is surprisingly smooth, and it has great flavor to go with that. I would not call myself an overly experienced whisky drinker, however I have had more than a few of the usual brands. For the sake of context and establishing taste, Bookers, Evan Williams, and Balvenie are among my favorites. I would very easily rate Burnside Bourbon on an equal plane with Glenfiddich in terms of quality. The flavor is quite different, and while not as good as the Balvenie 15 year, it is certainly better than Makers Mark, Jack Daniels Single Barrel or Gentleman Jack. I would liken the flavor to Bookers, however at 96 proof versus Bookers' 130-ish proof, it is remarkably easier to drink.
If anyone is in the Northwest, and has the means to give this stuff a shot, I think you will be very pleased with it. I realize not everyone will be able to partake, but in the spirit of B&B I wanted to share a product that I believe to be very enjoyable.

$burnside_double_barrel_bourbon.jpg

On a par with Single Cask or Gentlemen Jack? Very interesting! Glad you have a new label to enjoy. Congrats!

Just an FYI:
Clyde May's is not a bourbon. Dried apples are added to the barrel, thus disqualifying it as a bourbon. The bottle says Alabama Style Whiskey.
All Bourbon is whiskey, but not all whiskey is bourbon. :001_cool:

Burnside Bourbon is one of the finest, smoothest tasting bourbon's I've ever had. I recommend Big Bottom Whiskey as well.

I'm glad I'm not the only that's had it here. It feels like validation for my taste in whiskey.
I found out its pretty reasonable for a bottle too, about $30.
I've never heard of Big Bottom whiskey, so I'll have to look around. Hopefully it's available in my neck of the woods.
Edit: I just found out they're in Hillsboro! That's great. I'll be on the lookout for this stuff. Thanks for the heads-up!

Last edited:
Top Bottom