What's new

New Blades From Henson

I tried them when I got my razor. They really lit me up and I changed the blade out half way into the first pass. Astra SS do pretty much the same thing to me. I'm not too sure why some blades do this, but oh boy!
The RK lit me up too. Haven't touched one since that first shave.

They don't light me up, I can just feel them struggle with my coarser growth. If I prepped for like 10 mins I could get a serviceable shave maybe. But I'd wager they'd still hang up on my chin hair. I don't understand how so many Indian made blades are so dull feeling. They have to be some of the hairiest people on the planet. One would think they'd have mastered the secret of sharp blades

The RK lit me up too. Haven't touched one since that first shave.

Same here. I won't touch the other 4 in the pack. It was instant burn after each pass. They left my cheek red and raw feeling. The Astra SS didn't hurt at the time, but the razor burn and red spots afterwards was something else. Lots of small little weepers too.

Same here. I won't touch the other 4 in the pack. It was instant burn after each pass. They left my cheek red and raw feeling. The Astra SS didn't hurt at the time, but the razor burn and red spots afterwards was something else. Lots of small little weepers too.
Astra SP (Green) were very smooth in the Henson for me.

I doubt that Henson sells enough blades that a blade manufacturer would specifically produce a blade to Henson's design specifications. You would have to sell millions of blades to make that worthwhile. However, printing a custom logo on a run of blades of a few thousand blades might be feasible. Many companies like Muhle have done that.

There are so many different blades in the market that there is no real need to produce an entirely new design. Henson may well have found a current blade that works well in their razor and convinced the supplier to use custom printing.

As for Astra SP blades, I have found them to be on the lower end of the quality scale for both sharpness and smoothness. I know they work well for a large number of shavers, but they do not have a beard as tough as mine nor a face as sensitive as mine. At least I can use Astra SP blades, but prefer not to do so. There are some blades that are so "dull" that they won't even cut my stubble. Astra SP are not quite that dull.

Due to the huge number of people in India, a lot of blades are made for the local market as well as export. Like blades made elsewhere, they cover a wide range of quality levels. The Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (black) blades made in India are among the finest blades made anywhere in the world. I doubt that Gillette would produce private brand blades. There are several other blade manufacturers in the country as well.

+1! A custom logo is by far the most likely option!!

Top Bottom