What's new

New blade order usage

I'm new to this DE shaving stuff (5 shaves under my belt) and I ordered a blade sampler pack and would like some input on the order I should try them. The razor came with Derby blades so that's all I've used up to this point and I understand I should get comfortable with those before venturing into other blade territory. The sampler I chose has: Super-Max Titanium, Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless, Shark Super Stainless, Personna Platinum, and Feather Hi-Stainless.

From what I've read, the Feathers should probably be last but what should be 1-4? Thanks.

Great razor to use.

One thing to note is that you should give each blade at east a week of use (5-10 shaves) and 2 blades. You get duds from time to time. I can almost guarantee that one blade will royally disagree with your face, for me it was derbys, if that happens just stop using them and move on.

I would go:
1. 7 o'clock
2. Sharks
3. Persona
4. Titanium
5. Feather

It really doesn't matter what order you try them in. I'd wait until you've used a single brand for at least 30 shaves before sampling other blades. This will give you time to get your technique down and get consistent results.

Use them in alphabetical order, from least favorite wrapper to color to most favorite, randomly....there's no wrong way.

I'd recommend you leave the Feathers for last, because you'll be disappointed with the rest if you shave with the Feather first :).

It really doesn't matter you'll find each is different. I would at least rank them from most liked to most disliked. But keep this in mind for when you get another de just because a Blade works well in on razor doesn't mean it will in another.

Top Bottom