What's new

New best-in-class: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream - an absolute game changer

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
For about a year now, I have been quite happy with the quality of my shaves. I have found some incredible razors and creams. In terms of aftershave balm, I had a couple of finalists. All worked quite well. I honestly wasn't even sure I could detect a real difference between them.

My finalists so far were Hawkins & Brimble and Nancy Boy. These function, as best as I can tell, nearly identically. They are both really, really good. They dethroned B&M balm as my favorite, which is quite an achievement.

The one complaint I have had over the past week or two is that because of the hot weather, I sweat underneath the balm after I put it on. Not really a huge deal. But, annoying. There was some marginal room for improvement. But, where? I have already tried the best in class balms: Zingari Man, Wholly Kaw, etc. I didn't really know how I could improve.

Shopping at Costco, I saw Neuetrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream. I read somewhere that it could be used as an ASB, although I completely forget where. I purchased it on a whim.

Man, this stuff is revolutionary. It truly is a hybrid gel / cream. It has the consistency of a cream, but absorbs super fast like a gel, and leaves zero "film" feeling on the face. It contains hyaluroinic acid, which is one of the things that originally attracted me to B&M balm. But the performance of this is off the charts better than anything I have ever tried.

The best way I can describe this is that, 10 minutes after applying, I can't even tell I shaved. Yes, my face is BBS, but it feels refreshed, like I haven't even dragged a razor over it. I use really aggressive razors too.

Overall this may be the best aftershave product of any type I have ever used. And it's cheap, and made by a reputable brand!

I strongly recommend you all go buy this immediately!!

@CzechCzar Jeremy, would you kindly post a pic of this product, please? I gave a quick look at the Neutrogena products and am not sure which one you're referring to. Thanks!

Marco, This is the one sold at Costco:
proxy.php

Sorry I couldn't insert a smaller image

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Wanting to test my hypothesis of this product's superiority, I washed my face and put some on before bed.

Same exact results. It absorbed completely within 15 minutes and left my face astonishingly smooth and moisturized with no layer on my skin to indicate I had used anything.

I will see how things are after this morning's shave. @Marco, I may have to send you some of this!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Wanting to test my hypothesis of this product's superiority, I washed my face and put some on before bed.

Same exact results. It absorbed completely within 15 minutes and left my face astonishingly smooth and moisturized with no layer on my skin to indicate I had used anything.

I will see how things are after this morning's shave. @Marco, I may have to send you some of this!

Jeremy, there's no need my friend! I can find it here in Italy, too. Thank you of course for the very kind offer!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
This morning I decided to put the hydro boost gel cream to the test.

I used my yaqi top aggressive slant, with a feather, which normally is very irritating to my skin. It just makes my skin feel angry. In addition, rather than a proper lather, I just rubbed in some pre-shave and shaving cream with my hands.

Sure enough, after the shower and shave, my skin felt angry. I rubbed some of the hydroboost in. It absorbed in less than 10 minutes. My skin now feels supple, smooth, like I hadn't even shaved.

This is an absolute game changer for me. Better than WK, better than Hawkins and Brimble, better than PAA.

I urge you all in the strongest terms to go out and try this product!

For about a year now, I have been quite happy with the quality of my shaves. I have found some incredible razors and creams. In terms of aftershave balm, I had a couple of finalists. All worked quite well. I honestly wasn't even sure I could detect a real difference between them.

My finalists so far were Hawkins & Brimble and Nancy Boy. These function, as best as I can tell, nearly identically. They are both really, really good. They dethroned B&M balm as my favorite, which is quite an achievement.

The one complaint I have had over the past week or two is that because of the hot weather, I sweat underneath the balm after I put it on. Not really a huge deal. But, annoying. There was some marginal room for improvement. But, where? I have already tried the best in class balms: Zingari Man, Wholly Kaw, etc. I didn't really know how I could improve.

Shopping at Costco, I saw Neuetrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream. I read somewhere that it could be used as an ASB, although I completely forget where. I purchased it on a whim.

Man, this stuff is revolutionary. It truly is a hybrid gel / cream. It has the consistency of a cream, but absorbs super fast like a gel, and leaves zero "film" feeling on the face. It contains hyaluroinic acid, which is one of the things that originally attracted me to B&M balm. But the performance of this is off the charts better than anything I have ever tried.

The best way I can describe this is that, 10 minutes after applying, I can't even tell I shaved. Yes, my face is BBS, but it feels refreshed, like I haven't even dragged a razor over it. I use really aggressive razors too.

Overall this may be the best aftershave product of any type I have ever used. And it's cheap, and made by a reputable brand!

I strongly recommend you all go buy this immediately!!
It's the same as Nivea Fresh Gel for Men. Good stuff, I like it, but hardly a "game changer"... but then again, I'm not much of a balm guy, splash does the trick for me.

i always go to the ingredients list before i purchase anything. i'm not impressed with this product's list...alot of chemicals instead of natural ingredients:

Water (eau), Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Dimethiconol, Sorbitan Olivate, C13-14 Isoparaf¬fin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum, C12-14 Pareth-12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1.

i always go to the ingredients list before i purchase anything. i'm not impressed with this product's list...alot of chemicals instead of natural ingredients:

Water (eau), Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Dimethiconol, Sorbitan Olivate, C13-14 Isoparaf¬fin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum, C12-14 Pareth-12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1.
Man, that Blue-1 is a killer! 😉

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I recently switched out my Balm also to CeraVe balm and have for years of use experience with the CeraVe hand bar cleanser. CeraVe makes also really good moisturizer(balm) that can also be used for other areas of the body like hands elbows.......
It works very well and has the hyaluronic acid that works very well because I use to add 2 drops of HA to my dollop of Nivea balm. I used Nivea balm for years with out the Hyaluronic acid and when I was experimenting a few months ago with it I noticed right a way a nicer skin feel for sure post shave. A little 2 OZ bottle of 81zafpd-pAL._SL1500_.jpg HA is over $20 were CeraVe has it already in with their moisturizer and gives good similar results of adding it to Nivea balm and also CeraVe dry's quickly & is scentless, so it does not deflect from aftershave scents or cologne's. Just straight HA to the skin does not work as good as HA mixed in with moisturizer cream IMO & from my experience's.
SOTD,  Sep 14th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

It's the same as Nivea Fresh Gel for Men. Good stuff, I like it, but hardly a "game changer"... but then again, I'm not much of a balm guy, splash does the trick for me.

i also love my splashes and never use balm, so I applied a splash after my shave, then this stuff let it absorb and in the name of science applied splash again with out any issues

unlike balm this doesn’t leave a film of greasy residue but it’s fully absorbed by the skin allowing you to add whatever u want after,just leaves your skin feeling great

78CF0502-93B1-40DE-8F8C-376325EBE60B.jpeg

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
After reading this I went out and grabbed the cream-gel, while there saw the water-gel version so grabbed that too.. for $15 each can’t go wrong I guess, looking forward to trying it out

View attachment 1330239
tell ya what, my face has never felt so soft and hydrated.. this stuff is amazing and will certainly be part of my daily routine after a shave leaving the face so soft and hydrated with no greasy residue left over at all

cheers for the heads up @CzechCzar 👍
i also love my splashes and never use balm, so I applied a splash after my shave, then this stuff let it absorb and in the name of science applied splash again with out any issues

unlike balm this doesn’t leave a film of greasy residue but it’s fully absorbed by the skin allowing you to add whatever u want after,just leaves your skin feeling great

View attachment 1330669
Very glad you liked it so much!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!

View attachment 1330669
Tabac - I see you too are a man of taste

Top Bottom