What's new

New best-in-class: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream - an absolute game changer

much appreciate your thoughts sir
Will be curious if you get some what you think :)

Today I just used the new stuff and again by the time I walk out could not tell the difference

Still best thing going and will be OK with it :)
I still have 3 jars of the old stuff two of the new ones
not sure how quick my wife will be done with hers or my daughter with hers but reckon I can wait till the next sale to stock up again

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Will be curious if you get some what you think :)

Today I just used the new stuff and again by the time I walk out could not tell the difference

Still best thing going and will be OK with it :)
I still have 3 jars of the old stuff two of the new ones
not sure how quick my wife will be done with hers or my daughter with hers but reckon I can wait till the next sale to stock up again
The near-replacements, that I have found and tried after significant research, are:

e.l.f. Holy Hydration! Face Cream
Trader Joe's Ultra Hydrating Gel Moisturizer

They are both quite good, but I am still testing to validate whether they are better.

What I have is called "Hydro Boost City Shield Water Gel Sunscreen." It's a nice aftershave moisturizer, but it isn't really fragrance-free. I detect a slight bath soap-like scent when I open the jar and get close to it. But my wife, who has an uncanny sense of smell, detects a scent on me from across the room and in the bathroom where I shave. She says it's not unpleasant (the nicest thing she'll say about any scent), but it's there.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
The near-replacements, that I have found and tried after significant research, are:

e.l.f. Holy Hydration! Face Cream
Trader Joe's Ultra Hydrating Gel Moisturizer

They are both quite good, but I am still testing to validate whether they are better.
The Elf I returned, it was no good. The Trader Joe's was OK - I am going to finish but not replace it.

I have found a viable substitute...

I figure update time
Still using my old but also been playing with the new

the new stuff is actually really good for me I dare say its better :)
it does not go on the same which I was not liking at first but now I think its nicer as it allows me to kinda work it into my face better and smoother and it goes further without the absorbing right away

End performance besides on my shave area the longer blend in time is a non issue but the end result is the same as I walk out of the bathroom

I do use it on my face and forehead and its really performing better on my forehead where I can get dryer skin as years working on the boats in the sun everyday with my Swedish skin and it can get dry flakey quite quickly and this is where it clearly for me jumps ahead of the old enough that I am using up my old but do take out the new and put some on and notice a improvement

So the initial this is not spreading the same fear I had turned out to be better
but its the difference that threw me off :) ahahhahahaah

I think the glass is better as less chance of any microplastics which I do not freak out on but when I can avoid plastics I do

but I HATE Change and did fear this but I think each one of us have to decide if we like the change or not but IMHO still my #1 as its better
my SV soap the 4.1 to 4.3 is better I was worried
other artisan shave soaps do seem to have gotten better from others review
a few do like older varieties of course
so while Neutrogena is a GIANT I do think maybe they were not trying to cut corners but make it better for me they did this :)

kinda relieved actually

I just had a new version of Hydro Boost delivered... I'm not even sure I got the correct replacement. Here's what I got:

We'll try it and report back here... after our other stuff is gone.

Edit: The main reason I chose that one is it as on sale for 44% off. <eg>

think that is a different one

here is mine just to see what I am using :)
new on the left
old on the right
IMG_8964.jpeg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
think that is a different one

here is mine just to see what I am using :)
new on the left
old on the right
View attachment 1818137
Yeah, I saw that one and figured it was probably the replacement product.... The "night" Neutrogena has 3X the Hyaluronic Acid, so I thought I would try it.. at that discount, it was worth the gamble. I think we have two tubs of the old product: one less than half full and the other one almost new.... But we use a lot of the stuff, esp. my wife. She loves it.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm not sure I ever got one that had the "Hyaluronic Acid" under "Fragrance Free". I'll have to look since I keep all my empty containers. I haven't found the right small object to save in one yet, but I will, eventually. Maybe the ear plugs I use when mowing the lawn. I hate the little plastic case in which they came.

this is the picture from amazon, purchased in 2022. don't know if it's been updated to the new formulation.

View attachment 1818421

Thanks for pic :)
not sure if costco got a ”costco” packaging to make it unique for their store which I know some companies do for high volume stores :)
with the "Hyaluronic Acid" Under it ?

But also remember the one you posted not sure if that was form walmart where the one like you had was from ?

Or I am truly just confused :) ahhahaha but interesting and almost like the blades and how they package them :)

I'm not sure I ever got one that had the "Hyaluronic Acid" under "Fragrance Free". I'll have to look since I keep all my empty containers. I haven't found the right small object to save in one yet, but I will, eventually. Maybe the ear plugs I use when mowing the lawn. I hate the little plastic case in which they came.
I use mine for my spent blades they fit perfect and when it gets full I write
used razor blades on it and put em in the garbage that way :)
one idea for you unless you are set on how you get rid of blades already :)

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Thanks for pic :)
not sure if costco got a ”costco” packaging to make it unique for their store which I know some companies do for high volume stores :)
with the "Hyaluronic Acid" Under it ?

But also remember the one you posted not sure if that was form walmart where the one like you had was from ?

Or I am truly just confused :) ahhahaha but interesting and almost like the blades and how they package them :)
Here are the pictures of some of my storage, before Neutrogena decided to eviscerate all that was good.

I used it again this morning, and confirmed that although some of the replacements come close, nothing yet does it identically.

20240328_063631.jpg

20240328_063640.jpg

I think that your old product was exactly the same as my old product. I was looking at the wrong side.
ahhhhh
that is good on the wrong side

was curious how the other ones were doing for ya

I think most of us feel the same often new and improved is for the worse
so glad this was not for me at least
fact J&J owns Neutrogena I would NOT put it past them to make it cut corners I hear some companies can keep control of product again no idea but I was dreading the finding a new one

not sure how long it took me to let go of me thinking it was worse vs actually trying it though :) funny how that works

So will be curious if you use the new glass jar stuff if you end up OK with it or not :)

again that texture I do prefer the old how it sticks to the finger better over the new but now hoping to hurry up with my old to get on to the new

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I did check all my containers that have shipped from Amazon until they canceled my subscription... some of them have the "Hyaluronic Acid" on the bottom of the front.. Others don't. They were selling them as the same product... Until the new formula was released, it seems.

Top Bottom