What's new

New beginner here. Gaining experience and building the arsenal

Hi everyone,

Thanks to your posts, I am converted to DE world. Long time user of Machs family. First post and sharing my experiences.

I am using a Wilkinson safety razor and some cheap blades (Isana, the germans will understand me). I am still using the shaving gel with my hands. Don'
kill me yet.

I have tried to learn to use this razor. Even though I not getting my desired face smooth shave, I am glad that I am spending less time shaving and having lesser face irritation.

I have ordered online a Merkur Futur Clone razor with the standing for 12 usd from China. Waiting.

I will get a proraso brush (made by omega). Also a shaving cream from Palmolive or Proraso. Not decided yet on cream brand.

This is all.

I am reading that there is a large fun base of vintage Gillettes. I wonder if there are clones of them available.

Cheers to everyone.

Welcome aboard! Looks like you are doing well.

I suggest you read through the wiki and watch a few videos. Technique is the key to success!

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Welcome! Proraso is an excellent choice to begin your journey. And vintage Gillettes are a blast; but ease into your ‘acquisition disorder’ and focus on your shaving technique first. Good luck and enjoy!!

Welcome Albsat!

Baili makes a Gillette Tech and TTO (twist to open) clone. I haven’t tried those, or the Futur clone either. But I have read good things about all three of them. Lots of good info on this forum.

Welcome to the forum, @albsat! I don't know what your feelings are regarding shaving with a used razor, but there are quite a few vintage Gillette razors available on the market at relatively low cost. Enjoy your shaves! :001_smile

Welcome!

More important than equipment is preparation and technique.

What city or region are you located?

So glad you decided to join us.

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you aboard. That little Chinese-made Futur clone is a surprisingly good razor. Just be sure to start using it at a low setting, perhaps 1 or 2, until you have developed some technique. Then you can start exploring the more aggressive numbers.

Welcome to the forum. I'm fairly new to this myself but I can tell you from my limited experience that you can't go wrong with the prorosa, it builds easy and lathers good.

For Gillette clones, I picked up a Razorock Teck II a couple weeks ago and I've been very happy with it. It's a Tech clone and can be had at $10.

You are off to a great start. As others have said, welcome. Hope you have a great new year of better and better shaves. Keep us posted.

Cool, this is the best forum far... The brush is similar to the one of bought very recently, the Omega 49 Pro, yours is slightly different. Remember to clean and condition before use, as this gets the stink out a bit as well, not that there were any bad smells with my brush... Getting used to my brush, I found that not discarding too much of the water from the brush at first makes good lather easier. I used the brush with proraso this yesterday morning and had a super good lather... Happy shaving

I am surprised in one area. Please bear with me. This is my situation :

I am using some cheap razor blades. A very basic razor. Brushless shaving gel. Still need to know how to shave. Yet with this setup, shaving wtg and xtg, I got the best smooth shave in my life. It' a bit far by perfect. I almost got two nicks and I have some face burn at cheeks and it takes time and patience.

The area I need some advice. Do I really need a brush? Is it fine to go with a brushless gel and use the hands to distribute the shaving lather?

Thanks

Top Bottom