What's new

New Bee Checking in.

Hi Y'all. I'm 57 years old and haven't wet shaved for decades. When I did, it was with disposables and more for utilitarian purposes such as military rules, or to look clean for a job interview.

Enter 2020... and corona related stay at home orders. Businesses closed, and boredom sets in. I start browsing online, watching YouTube and came across some straight razor shaving videos and thought that this would be a perfect time to learn a new skill. My face has never been BBS before, so I started gathering inexpensive gear on Amazon and Ebay. After a couple of failed attempts, and communication with the seller, who gave me really good information, I spent the next few days learning to strop.

Friday comes along and I shower and go to the main bathroom. I lather up with Barbasol w/aloe and start my very first successful, 1 pass, straight razor shave, on my cheeks. I was so excited that I did it. I saved the jaw and neck for Saturday so I could watch a few more videos and build some confidence for these scary areas since I always have drawn blood in these areas with the cartridge/disposables. Saturday, I showered then stropped my razor around 20 times and started nervously to work on my neck after taking care of my cheeks. I did a beautiful 1 pass shave with no nicks or cuts. Now I'm very excited to shave each weekend. I even plan out a shaving schedule to minimize distractions. Then I had a chance conversation at work and shaving came up. Needless to say, DE safety razor shaving came up. Now, I start thinking maybe, I can use a safety razor for a quicker shave during the week when I don't have time for a straight. More research, and videos. Of course, more shopping. I purchased a Feather Popular. Once again, very nervous. I took my time, making sure I kept saying to myself, "no pressure". I did a 2 pass shave and was smoother than I've ever been. I went from a non shaver with a full beard to a daily shaver with a nicely manicured goatee and mustache.

I know now, that I'm hooked.

Now I have an old wine crate that I use as a shaving caddy to carry my razors, creams, Arko soap, after shaves and colognes, etc..

Thanks for this forum. I don't see myself as a regular contributor but just wanted to let everyone know I'm here.

Chuck from Texas

Hi Y'all. I'm 57 years old and haven't wet shaved for decades. When I did, it was with disposables and more for utilitarian purposes such as military rules, or to look clean for a job interview.

Enter 2020... and corona related stay at home orders. Businesses closed, and boredom sets in. I start browsing online, watching YouTube and came across some straight razor shaving videos and thought that this would be a perfect time to learn a new skill. My face has never been BBS before, so I started gathering inexpensive gear on Amazon and Ebay. After a couple of failed attempts, and communication with the seller, who gave me really good information, I spent the next few days learning to strop.

Friday comes along and I shower and go to the main bathroom. I lather up with Barbasol w/aloe and start my very first successful, 1 pass, straight razor shave, on my cheeks. I was so excited that I did it. I saved the jaw and neck for Saturday so I could watch a few more videos and build some confidence for these scary areas since I always have drawn blood in these areas with the cartridge/disposables. Saturday, I showered then stropped my razor around 20 times and started nervously to work on my neck after taking care of my cheeks. I did a beautiful 1 pass shave with no nicks or cuts. Now I'm very excited to shave each weekend. I even plan out a shaving schedule to minimize distractions. Then I had a chance conversation at work and shaving came up. Needless to say, DE safety razor shaving came up. Now, I start thinking maybe, I can use a safety razor for a quicker shave during the week when I don't have time for a straight. More research, and videos. Of course, more shopping. I purchased a Feather Popular. Once again, very nervous. I took my time, making sure I kept saying to myself, "no pressure". I did a 2 pass shave and was smoother than I've ever been. I went from a non shaver with a full beard to a daily shaver with a nicely manicured goatee and mustache.

I know now, that I'm hooked.

Now I have an old wine crate that I use as a shaving caddy to carry my razors, creams, Arko soap, after shaves and colognes, etc..

Thanks for this forum. I don't see myself as a regular contributor but just wanted to let everyone know I'm here.

Chuck from Texas
Welcome Chuck from Texas. Sounds like you’ll be stimulating the economy a bit with all the new toys you’re going to purchase!👍

Top Bottom