What's new

New Barbasol Pacific Rush

You can still find it on Amazon. Balm and splash. Its kind of expensive for what it is though. I think the cheapest I found is about $8. If Im going with a cheap AS, I'll go Gillette Aftershave Gel for $2 every time.

Agree about returning the splash!

Someone mentioned the orange can "sensitive". Picked up a travel size can. Great ingredients list and performance for canned stuff.

If I remember correctly your aren't too far from me, I wonder if we are getting a regional roll out. I used it again today and it's fantastic. Love or hate foam (I love it) one has to admit that barbasol is a very functional product in general and this really steps it up further. I recently finished a can from the last run of the old barbasol arctic chill menthol I bought through eBay and this one has significantly more menthol. It's got more menthol feeling then proraso green or headslick.
I've been seeing the Pacific Rush at my local Publix lately. Still need to try the Artic Chill some day.

I've been seeing the Pacific Rush at my local Publix lately. Still need to try the Artic Chill some day.

Arctic Chill has been discontinued in favor of the new Pacific Rush with menthol and caffeine however you can still find it on Amazon for around $3 a can as an add-on only item. I honestly prefer the performance and post shave feel of the new Pacific Rush and find the scent very similar to the Arctic Chill except that it's a little more mellow and balanced. I've only seen this new can at Publix as Walgreens, Walmart, Dollar general, big lots, Wynn Dixie, and CVS in my area don't seem to have it yet. I've been shaving my head mostly with the new Barbasol and a personna twin cart then following up with Clubman, talk about budget shaves, and it's been great.

Agree about returning the splash!

Someone mentioned the orange can "sensitive". Picked up a travel size can. Great ingredients list and performance for canned stuff.
Im not sure that Id call it a, "great" ingredients list. I mean, its still canned foam, the only different in the sensitive has some things added like aloe, thyme, papaya and willow bark; so at least theres SOMETHING natural about it.

Im not sure that Id call it a, "great" ingredients list. I mean, its still canned foam, the only different in the sensitive has some things added like aloe, thyme, papaya and willow bark; so at least theres SOMETHING natural about it.
That's why I said "for canned stuff. " It's a relative assessment.
I'm a cream or soap guy... canned backup for "running late days"

I love the stuff,has a nice kick. I put a dollop of cremo blue on my face first for added cooling and slickness, then a nice layer of Pacific Rush goo for cushioning. Afterwards a nice splash of heavily mentholated AV. Can't beat it for this time of year.

I tried this stuff for the first time this morning. Huge menthol kick, awesome shave. You can't buy it in stores here in the Midwest - I ended up ordering a 6-pack on the Barbasol website for about $3 per can. Searching online, almost no one has it in stock. I'm not sure if this means it's so popular that no one can keep it in stock, or if it's already a failure and Barbasol is phasing it out.

I tried this stuff for the first time this morning. Huge menthol kick, awesome shave. You can't buy it in stores here in the Midwest - I ended up ordering a 6-pack on the Barbasol website for about $3 per can. Searching online, almost no one has it in stock. I'm not sure if this means it's so popular that no one can keep it in stock, or if it's already a failure and Barbasol is phasing it out.

I only ever found it at 1 specific local Publix grocery store (Florida) who coincidentally is the only store locally who carries the Gillette foamy menthol as well. Last time I was in there they replaced all the old barbasol stock with the new 7oz cans (only OG and Aloe when they used to carry them all), do not carry the menthol foamy anymore, and as a whole drastically condensed their shaving selection. One positive I found: the 3.5oz bottles of AV classic blue are now only $1.47 regular price.

I only ever found it at 1 specific local Publix grocery store (Florida) who coincidentally is the only store locally who carries the Gillette foamy menthol as well. Last time I was in there they replaced all the old barbasol stock with the new 7oz cans (only OG and Aloe when they used to carry them all), do not carry the menthol foamy anymore, and as a whole drastically condensed their shaving selection. One positive I found: the 3.5oz bottles of AV classic blue are now only $1.47 regular price.

Yeah, the whole thing is really weird. You can buy it directly from the Barbasol site, so it's obviously still available. I can't figure out why all of the online vendors are out of stock and none of my local stores even carry it.

Yeah, the whole thing is really weird. You can buy it directly from the Barbasol site, so it's obviously still available. I can't figure out why all of the online vendors are out of stock and none of my local stores even carry it.

Same thing as Arctic chill, the yellow lanolin can, and the sensitive skin tube cream... Drop a great product, gain momentum, then make it impossible to find unless you buy it online at three times the cost.

Same thing as Arctic chill, the yellow lanolin can, and the sensitive skin tube cream... Drop a great product, gain momentum, then make it impossible to find unless you buy it online at three times the cost.

I just bought 6 cans of the Lanolin from the Walgreen's website for about $2 a can with free site-to-store shipping. The Pacific Rush with caffeine, however, is sold out or no longer available literally everywhere. I wonder if you've actually nailed their strategy. So odd that they would introduce a great product and then make it virtually unobtainable.

I just bought 6 cans of the Lanolin from the Walgreen's website for about $2 a can with free site-to-store shipping. The Pacific Rush with caffeine, however, is sold out or no longer available literally everywhere. I wonder if you've actually nailed their strategy. So odd that they would introduce a great product and then make it virtually unobtainable.

Then going to the store, not finding the fancy new can, and saying, "oh well, I guess I'll just get original or aloe then." All to sell more original and aloe haha.

Basics of large scale manufacturing mean they have profit margins of probably 80%+ on the OG and Aloe but probably sub 50% on everything else in terms of quantity produced.

Top Bottom