What's new

New ATT plates

Hey guys, I've been using the S1 for a couple weeks now and I've been having good luck with it. It feels very mild, but efficient and just overall really comfortable. I love the craftsmanship so much that I went ahead and ordered the S2 plate to go with it along with a 3 piece Kronos set. I got the R1, R2, and H1 plates, but being an open comb fan, I think I will send the SB plates back for an M2 and H2. I replaced my S1 plate on the Atlas with the S2 and shaved one half of my face and used the Kronos R2 on the other half. The S2 feels very similar to the S1, but open comb and maybe slightly more efficient. It didn't seem to be blade picky for me and a lab blue worked great. The R2 may become my new #1 razor. It feels more efficient than either of the slants and you get more blade feel. It strikes me as similar to the New Improved, but with less blade flex. I really like this head, it felt a little aggressive at first and is very audible, but I got an easy BBS with no irritation or weepers at all. I'm excited to try the other plates, especially the H plates, but the R2 is really an almost perfect razor for me it seems. Efficient and aggressive enough for multiple days growth, but smooth and forgiving enough for daily use. Can't recommend these ATT products enough, cheers!

I agree, the ATT stuff is great. I have an S1, M1 and R2 set, and all three see regular use in my rotation. The M1 is a go to if I'm in any sort of a hurry, since I find it very smooth, yet surprisingly efficient. The S1 and R2 are more regular-use razors, and there are things about both that I like. I think the comparison in feel of an R2 with a NEW is pretty accurate, they both perform well for me.

I think it's hard to go wrong with any of Stan's product line.

I have the M1 and R1 with the Kronos handle and agree with prior comments. I use the M1 for the lazy (and highly enjoyable) 4 pass shave, and the R1 for the standard 3 pass. Even though the gap numbers are equivalent to "mild" and "medium", the R1 seems quite a bit more aggressive than the numbers dictate. I can get a DFS with two passes. (But what's the fun in that!).
Great consistent, easy to clean razors. The precision has me sold.

Top Bottom