What's new

new aquisition!

my friend got this in a donation. he knows i like wet shavign and gave me this for free the blade was what is pictured here wrapped in celophane and is brand new. the razor and blade look like they both just came out of the shop yesterday and its like 58 years old. anyone have any experience with this razor and these blades i know foir vintage blade a pack of 5 of these goes for around 15 dollars so they are way too expensive for me toi get. i just love gillette equiptment
1684185509786.png

This is the first Super Stainless blade packaging. Only manufactured for 3-4 years, starting 1965. The blades have a code on them that will tell you the year of manufacturing. So does the razor on the bottom plate. The razor shaves like a long handle mid-60s Tech, the difference is just the short handle.

Great gift! I have the same with a red case. It even had the cardboard insert between the cap and plate. This is a Gillette Travel Tech. Same head as the regular tech, just a (much) smaller handle. It's a great shaver, but that tiny handle cramps my hand!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
This is the first Super Stainless blade packaging. Only manufactured for 3-4 years, starting 1965. The blades have a code on them that will tell you the year of manufacturing. So does the razor on the bottom plate. The razor shaves like a long handle mid-60s Tech, the difference is just the short handle.
I'm going to break down and buy one of these some day.

Would make a great razor for what I suppose it was intended: putting in the go-bag and leaving it there for a road trip!

Excellent acquisition friend @Staggers and Jags !

I'm going to break down and buy one of these some day.

Would make a great razor for what I suppose it was intended: putting in the go-bag and leaving it there for a road trip!

Excellent acquisition friend @Staggers and Jags !
Well, go ahead and buy one then! Because you have them there.

I have been waiting for years to get one here in Europe because they were only made in the US and for the North American market. Very sledom they have reached Europe. Finally I found one by an Italian seller after a very long wait.

Nice. I'm sure today's blades are better, so I'd only buy the original for sale or display. If you use the DE, save the original blades. I have a couple of unused Gillettes, a '41 Aristocrat and '51 SS. Both are also missing a couple of blades which I never bothered to replace.

Top Bottom