What's new

New and different cartridge razor.

I just discovered this new razor. (I think it's new. I never saw it before.) It's called the Defender. You have the choice of 4 different blades that it uses. The blade they call the "styling" blade is a single blade. The "regular" blade is a 3 blade cartridge with the blades spaced far apart.
They only want $5.95 to try it.

I have to admit this looks really good. Great design - and the price is right. Under $16 with free shipping for handle, free cartridge and a set of 4 triple blade regular cartridges. I'll think about it.

Here is a picture.

razor.png

One thing they mention in their ad is that the space between the top blade and the edge of the razor is much less than other cartridge razors making it easier to shave under your nose.

It's definitely different. The spacing between blades, the way the head flexes... I'm excited to see people actually still innovating. I wonder how heavy that handle is... there's some metal in it for sure.

Somebody has to take one for the team and buy one. I am so tempted but I just bought a vintage razor this weekend. I used up my budget for this quarter already.

This is not a bad deal. You can get the basic set-up with 4 regular blades for $5.95 and if you wanted to try the styling blade, (the single blade one) you can get 4 of those for $7.95. I am so tempted to try it.

Some time ago some one tried it. look under the modern shaving systems forum. I believe the results were mixed.
here’s the link:

Some time ago some one tried it. look under the modern shaving systems forum. I believe the results were mixed.

Thanks, I'll see if I can find that forum. Sometimes these sub-forums are hard to find.
Oops, I just saw your link. Thanks again.

I have one. It is “meh”. For me, it performs a bit worse than my Harry’s which I use for travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. What don't you like about it?

I find the blades none too sharp, and the independent floating system really did not work for me. The handle was far too light for my tastes, the whole thing felt like a disposable. Of course, YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using this for a month, and absolutely love it. Shaves well, better than Harry's, DSC, Gillette, and some others I've tried. It's light, easy to hold with wet hands, really ergonomic. It gets the tight spots easily and fully, especially under the nose. I am using the regular blades and have had no nicks thus far. I get a bbs shave, usually doing 2 passes with a number of different soaps, primarily Stirling brands. The storage suction works well on smooth surfaces, including my shower and mirror. On semi-smooth wood, it needs attention to keep it sticking ... like any weight bearing suction. With blade separation, it is a bit more noisy. Extremely easy to keep clean, clear soap.

Btw, my beard is a middle of the road heavy. I'm pleased there are no apparent China connections with HQ in LA and mfg in Israel. Customer service is excellent. I bought one for my wife, daughter, son ... all finding it terrific.

In sum, i think this is an innovative, great value razor. Well pleased.

Top Bottom