What's new

New Ahab in...go ED or leave as is?

Gents,

Just got ,y new Ahab clear demonstrator in...inked it up with Noodlers Purple Heart and love it already. But I'm curious to hear your thoughts...a part of me wants to ink it up Eyedropper style even though I've no need for so much ink in a pen...just the fact that you can is pretty neat.

Anyone try this and end up having issues?

I think the only issues I've heard of with ed'ing a pen, is burping issues with temperature/pressure changes. Might be a good idea to put some silicone grease on the threads of the body and section connection, to prevent leaking.

I think the only issues I've heard of with ed'ing a pen, is burping issues with temperature/pressure changes. Might be a good idea to put some silicone grease on the threads of the body and section connection, to prevent leaking.

+1. Such a great pen in concept, yet incredibly frustrating. Best wishes.

It's a clear demonstrator-you have to eyedropper it.

I didn't ED my Ahab but I did with my Preppies. The only problem I've had is that a couple times I almost forgot to open the pen with the nib pointing up when changing inks. I caught myself just in time.

Last edited:
+1. Such a great pen in concept, yet incredibly frustrating. Best wishes.

+1

Eyedroppering is the only way mine will ever be functional again.
Last time I tried to clean it up and ink it, the piston was stuck (typical any time I left the pen alone for more than 30 minutes, even after greasing the o-ring)... pressure on the end succeeded in breaking the "stick", as well as breaking the convertor at the threads.

I really, really, really tried to like the pen. The body is beautiful, but after hours of playing with the nib and feed I could never get it to work even marginally well enough to consider putting it in my pocket for actual use.

Haven't done it yet...but thanks for the comments. Noodlers Purple Heart is working out great so far...will probably do it once the ink is out...but it's a deep inkwell even with the piston IMHO.

Top Bottom