What's new

New aftershave splashes coming from some favorite soapmakers

I spotted a quick note that both Mike's of Mike's Natural Soap, and Soap Commander are both releasing alcohol based splashes based on their soap scents. I am not a fan of balms (oily skin) and strictly use splash aftershave. I love the soaps from both of these companies, so this is amazing news to me! i will be first in line to get an offering or two from each, and will report back on findings :)

I was actually just coming here to post about the Mike's... great minds think alike @tyoung :thumbup:
To be honest I'm a little disappointed by the ingredient list, according to West Coast Shaving its will be alcohol, distilled water, polysorbate20, fragrance. Given the face goodies that are in his soaps, I was hoping for a little more out of the splash, but I will definitely be watching to see what the reviews are like.

I noticed the ingredient list and was a bit disappointed as well. Especially since Mikes soaps are filled with the good stuff and make my face feel fantastic. On the flip side, Fine aftershaves are basically just fragrance and alcohol (though the menthol is nice) and they are pretty nice. I will be all over barbershop, his was the first barbershop soap that I ever tried and fell in love!

This is really great news! I’ll be picking up at least 3-4 of the Mike’s as soon as the become available.

I couldn’t find the story about this. Did they give a release date?

I hope both of these companies make an unscented version. Love both of their soaps! SC probably has been my top soap since I got a tub months ago.

This is really great news! I’ll be picking up at least 3-4 of the Mike’s as soon as the become available.

I couldn’t find the story about this. Did they give a release date?

I couldn't find a release date for the Mikes splashes, it just said coming soon. I found it on the bottom of the West Coast Shaving website by clicking on their Instagram link. It has pics of all of the scents coming out for Mikes!

I couldn't find a release date for the Mikes splashes, it just said coming soon. I found it on the bottom of the West Coast Shaving website by clicking on their Instagram link. It has pics of all of the scents coming out for Mikes!
Thanks! I’ll be getting the Barbershop, Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper & maybe the Lavender.
I was really hoping for a Pine & Cedarwood as a haven’t found any thing to pair with that one yet.

I noticed the ingredient list and was a bit disappointed as well. Especially since Mikes soaps are filled with the good stuff and make my face feel fantastic. On the flip side, Fine aftershaves are basically just fragrance and alcohol (though the menthol is nice) and they are pretty nice. I will be all over barbershop, his was the first barbershop soap that I ever tried and fell in love!
I read that these are being produced by Oleo, which makes sense in terms of the ingredient list (or lack thereof I guess?)
Available now at WCS, so game on!

Stirling Icy Pineapple has a nice scent and a blast of menthol. A little too much menthol for me. If icy is this strong, just how strong is glacial? :blink:

I read that these are being produced by Oleo, which makes sense in terms of the ingredient list (or lack thereof I guess?)
Available now at WCS, so game on!

Placed my order yesterday! Had to start with Mikes Barbershop to see how I like it, then will most likely get a few more. And then I made the mistake of looking around a little more, oh, I don't have any Longrifle soap yet, guess I'll order a couple of those to try. Hmm, I've also been wanting to try one of the WCS synthetic brushes, why not add one more thing here...

I received my Mikes Barbershop aftershave, and I have to say it is very nice. I put a dab on the wrist last night, and could still smell it faintly this morning. The scent is very much like Shannons barbershop and Maggard London barbershop to my nose, but seems to have slightly more staying power. I am very happy with it, and look forward to getting more in the lineup!

I received my Mikes Barbershop aftershave, and I have to say it is very nice. I put a dab on the wrist last night, and could still smell it faintly this morning. The scent is very much like Shannons barbershop and Maggard London barbershop to my nose, but seems to have slightly more staying power. I am very happy with it, and look forward to getting more in the lineup!
Cool. Let us know what you think of the post-shave performance, I haven't been able to find much feedback about the Oleo AS's so will definitely be interesting to see what everyone's thoughts are on these.

I do have two other Oleo aftershaves, and find the post to be equivalent to Fine a/s. I have somewhat oily skin, so I prefer alcohol splashes. I use Thayers after shaving, then add the splash when that dries. There is a slight sting, with nice skin tightening, and not much else. Since Mikes soap gives an excellent post shave feel on its own, I don't think this will be problem for me, but those with sensitive skin may wish for more skin food in the splashes. I am all about the scent though, it is great, and seems to be very long lasting!

Is this still a thing?

Went searching for a matching AS for Mike's Orange, Pepper, Cedarwood, and came up empty. :-/

Top Bottom