What's new

New Acquisitions

Just purchased, but haven’t received these blades yet. Pretty stoked to get them and thought I’d share...

A NOS Henckels 250
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

A Filarmonica Doble Temple 13
proxy.php

proxy.php

And a Dubl Duck Goldedge
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, very nice score indeed! I really like the blade on that Henckels and the spine work is fantastic. Congrats!

A good Jnat is an excellent idea, in fact with such nice new acquisitions, its pretty much mandatory! lol. I would recommend Alex at The Japan Stone if you're new to the Jnat world. Anyways, enjoy the new razors and hunting up that perfect stone!

A good Jnat is an excellent idea, in fact with such nice new acquisitions, its pretty much mandatory! lol. I would recommend Alex at The Japan Stone if you're new to the Jnat world. Anyways, enjoy the new razors and hunting up that perfect stone!
After a lot of reading and watching YouTube videos it almost seems like a JNAT is the only way to go. I know there are plenty of good stones out there, but it seems those are almost superior to any others. Thank you for the recommendation, I will try to get a hold of Alex and see what he recommends. I added another Dubl Duck Gold Edge tonight...appears to a be a NOS. We'll see when she arrives. I've seriously got to sell off another hobby to support this one, LOL! Thanks again @Bad_B2 !

Alex has fantastic stones. I have two from him. Tell him what you are looking for, and he will point you to the right stone.

And in keeping with the theme of this thread, his came yesterday from Zenrazor in Japan. It is spectacular.

An Iwasaki tamahagane western. I am so torn. It is mint. He put the most perfect edge on it that I have ever seen, and must have taped the spine, because there is zero sign that the spine ever touched a stone. Absolutely perfect.

Do I use it, or tuck it away, take it out once in a while, and giggle and try not to drool on it?

I am so torn. Opinions?

Attachments

• IMG_20181104_170432857.jpg
    IMG_20181104_170432857.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 16
Alex has fantastic stones. I have two from him. Tell him what you are looking for, and he will point you to the right stone.

And in keeping with the theme of this thread, his came yesterday from Zenrazor in Japan. It is spectacular.

An Iwasaki tamahagane western. I am so torn. It is mint. He put the most perfect edge on it that I have ever seen, and must have taped the spine, because there is zero sign that the spine ever touched a stone. Absolutely perfect.

Do I use it, or tuck it away, take it out once in a while, and giggle and try not to drool on it?

I am so torn. Opinions?

Unfortunately he’s out until the 20th of this month. I had time to order from him before he left, but wasn’t 100% ready to pull the trigger. I ordered a coticule from Ardennes, but a JNAT will be added as well.

Nice SR! I’d use it as you deem necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom