What's new

New Acquisition

I think my beautiful 3-band silvertip Shavemac tortoise shell got accidentally knocked off my desk into my waste basket and tossed out a few months ago. Yes that stings. But I decided to replace it with a 2-band silvertip which I haven't tried yet. Just wanted to share a couple of pics. $038.jpgView attachment 585767$035.jpg

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Oh my, I am glad you were able to get a new brush! The 2 band silver tip is a fantastic brush.

$Image0085[1].jpg$Image0086[1].jpgToday I have this 100% bristle ESSEX 214 by Sekine. Does any anyone have any info on this brush? What king of bristles age etc. It is in mint condition.

Well, I'm pleased to report that this brush has quickly jumped to the top of my brush heap. I honestly can't recommend it highly enough. Only my original Rooney Stubby 2 compares to this hair. The Rooney is denser - that's the only meaningful difference, aside from it being a fan vs the Shavemac bulb. The Shavemac performs as well as the Rooney. Both knots are the best you can buy IMHO.

Well, I'm pleased to report that this brush has quickly jumped to the top of my brush heap. I honestly can't recommend it highly enough. Only my original Rooney Stubby 2 compares to this hair. The Rooney is denser - that's the only meaningful difference, aside from it being a fan vs the Shavemac bulb. The Shavemac performs as well as the Rooney. Both knots are the best you can buy IMHO.

Is this the D01 or the regular 2band?

Your words are music to my ears, I can't wait for mine... I'll just stare at your Butterscotch beauty until then..

Top Bottom