What's new

*NEW* Acca Kappa 1869

Why does 4.4 ounces in a tube cost $26, when 6.7 ounces in a tub costs $20? I wanted to try a smaller amount, but I can't see spending more money for less cream. Are they different products?

Why does 4.4 ounces in a tube cost $26, when 6.7 ounces in a tub costs $20? I wanted to try a smaller amount, but I can't see spending more money for less cream. Are they different products?

Wondered the same thing

I haven't tried the stuff in the tube but according to a couple threads posted recently the tub is a different product and fortunately for us the cheaper and larger tub is also the superior product. :thumbup1:

The new Acca Kappa 1869(in the tub) is a reformulation that now contains lanolin and shea butter. And all the better for it. I'm more a soap man but this is my absolute favourite cream.:thumbup1:

David

Marco.........Thanks for this review! If it was not for this I would have not found my favorite cream!

PS.....You can also take the credit for my love for Cella. My den looks like belongs in the hill of Italy because of you!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Acca Kappa 1869. Two words and one date that sum up the history of one of the greatest Italian companies, specialized in manufacturing fine quality bath and beauty care products. Acca Kappa are, in fact, the two initials for Hermann Krull, the founder of the factory (“H” in Italian is read “Acca”, “K” is read “Kappa”) and 1869 is the exact date in which this firm was established. Hermann Krull was a young German merchant from Prussia, who, after spending a period of time in north Italy, chose Treviso (north east Italy, close to Venice) as the right place where to set his plant, since here he had all the raw materials needed, coming directly from the Orient. German precision and Italian mastery married together to give life to a terrific mix of superior quality, true refinement and pure luxury. This is the proper description of Acca Kappa, which has always been a family business, proudly handed down by father to son, for over 140 years. Between the 1920’s and 1960’s AK became famous abroad for the incredible quality of its hairbrushes, that were universally recognised as the finest in the World. In the last fifty years the company has strongly rebuilt and strenghtened the Acca Kappa trademark and gradually widened the range of products offered, including top shelf soaps, creams, balms, colognes and lotions. One of the greatest novelties introduced in the 2008/2009 catalogue is the *NEW* Acca Kappa 1869 shaving cream. This amazing cream is, let me repeat it again, a brand new item, completely different in formulation from the traditional AK 1869 shaving cream in the 125 ml tube. And I have tested it only in the last two weeks, after receiving it as a present for my birthday. The old 1869 shaving cream, still produced and available on the market, is a good cream that works well, but, honestly, nothing that has ever stolen my heart. The new 1869 is a much, much, much better product. I am really impressed with the new Acca Kappa shaving cream, which is easily comparable, in quality and performance, to the very best Italian classics, like Cella, Valobra, P.160 or SMN.
This gorgeous gem comes in a large 200 ml plastic bowl and is priced, here in Italy, around € 15, which I consider a very reasonable price for a top notch cream. Its scent is a sweet, strong, traditional Almond fragrance that sticks around during the entire shaving process. The perfume of the new 1869 cream reminds me of the scent of Cella, which I consider an added bonus. The way it allows to shave is, again, simply spectacular. The reason? Just give a look at the ingredients list… Glycerin, coconut oil, lanolin and shea butter create a unique, natural and powerful mix that generates an incredibly good, dense, thick lather. The new AK 1869 cream is also very easy to work and, therefore, indicated even for the most inexperienced wet shaver. You only need a few swirls of your brush and in a few seconds you create mounds of super slick, super rich, super moisturizing lather. My face after the shave feels wonderfully soft, smooth and clean. This outstanding shaving cream has deserved a lifetime spot in my rotation. New Acca Kappa 1869, Italian quality at its best.

I really need to quit clicking on threads you start- I still have to make house payments:laugh:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco.........Thanks for this review! If it was not for this I would have not found my favorite cream!

PS.....You can also take the credit for my love for Cella. My den looks like belongs in the hill of Italy because of you!

:thumbup1:

I really need to quit clicking on threads you start- I still have to make house payments:laugh:

:lol:

I just picked up the tub from from WCS... I guess the Acca Kappa line was just added this weekend to WCS.

Wow. Just when I thought I was done buying more Sh-stuff!

I just picked up the tub from from WCS... I guess the Acca Kappa line was just added this weekend to WCS.

Wow. Just when I thought I was done buying more Sh-stuff!

Good to know WCS now carries it...FYI, Mens Direct is located in Florida and offers free shipping.

I picked this up on Amazon last week, fantastic stuff. Although, i think im going to have to stop reading reviews now because im buying too many soaps/creams...

I picked this up on Amazon last week, fantastic stuff. Although, i think im going to have to stop reading reviews now because im buying too many soaps/creams...

Yeah, I just finished a puck of MWF and thought I was gaining ground on reducing my inventory until I clicked on this thread. Well...at least I'm breaking evening, 1 for 1! Received my tub today!!

Note to self... do not read Marco's comments!!!:laugh:

Top Bottom