What's new

*NEW* Acca Kappa 1869

Just had my first shave with 1869 in a tub this morning. WOW!!!! Great shave and boy does my face feel excellent after. Perfectly moisturized. Just amazing. I can't say for sure as this has only been my first shave with the product, but it's in my top 5 right now.

BONUS: it is the ONLY almond-scented italien soap that does not cause me irritation. I'm simply allergic to Vitos, Razorock Classic and P160. Even Cella causes a tiny bit of allergic reaction if I shave on two consecutive days with it (LOVE it though - also adding KMF lavender solves this issue, and what an uber lather that is!).

My only question is this: I am obviously not good at lathering 1869 yet. I have the same problem with P160 and Vitos coconut. These soaps are so rich in oils that the lather I make is kind of flat...and getting the right water ratio is very tricky. Any recommendations? I know the Marco method...maybe I just need more practice.

I think AK 1869 likes the water to be added very gradually. A lot of whipping, a little water, a lot more whipping...

A word about the (unfairly maligned) tube product: I've not tried the tub formulation. I have no doubt it is as good as folks say it is. I have the tube, the aftershave gel and the cologne all in the same (lovely) scent. (A little like Penhaligan's Opus 1870 , but a bit smoother around the edges). This is a truly excellent product. The tube is in my rotation with Aqua di Parma, Nancy Boy, Castle Forbes Limes, GFT-GFT, Penhaligan's Opus 1870 and Truefitt & Hill 1805. Try it! You'll be glad you did.

Well, thanks to the previous posts, I learned how to lather AK 1869. That's it, along with RR King Louis, it's hands down my favorite cream or soap.

I've been wet shaving since '08 and have never experienced a combination of slickness, cushion, non-irritation, skin nourishment and close shaving such as this product provides. Thick merangues of lather with yogurt-like consistency. Right now, this sits at the top of the heap in my book!!!!

If anyone can suggest a comparable product in terms of comfort and efficacy, please do let me know! I don't see how it can get any better!

Well, thanks to the previous posts, I learned how to lather AK 1869. That's it, along with RR King Louis, it's hands down my favorite cream or soap.

I've been wet shaving since '08 and have never experienced a combination of slickness, cushion, non-irritation, skin nourishment and close shaving such as this product provides. Thick merangues of lather with yogurt-like consistency. Right now, this sits at the top of the heap in my book!!!!

If anyone can suggest a comparable product in terms of comfort and efficacy, please do let me know! I don't see how it can get any better!

Try these 2:

Santa Maria Novella tub
Xpec tub

They are quite pricy though....but very very good - I prefer both by a hair over Acca Kappa 1869 Tub version.....but all 3 are excellent creams.............excellent !!!

Thanks Claus! They are definitely on my must try list now!

Try these 2:

Santa Maria Novella tub
Xpec tub

They are quite pricy though....but very very good - I prefer both by a hair over Acca Kappa 1869 Tub version.....but all 3 are excellent creams.............excellent !!!

i just used acca kappa 1869 today for the first time. its good. i do like the scent of cella better but 1869 has a more powdery almond scent to it. it performed nicely though...i didnt make enough lather since its my first time using it...i think i needed more water too. i'll dial it in after a few uses but the first use was really nice. not sure i'd rebuy it again but i'm glad i have it to use.

Top Bottom