What's new

Never too young.

My five year old son loves my razor and brush collection more than I do. He has memorized the names and models of almost all my vintage Gillettes. The one he likes best is actually his birthright. My grandfather gave his '58 Red Tip SS to my dad in the mid 60s. My dad kept it for 30 years then gave it to me. I figured it would be kind of cool. I took the blade out, whipped up some cheap soap and let him go for it. I just wanted to share; thought it was cute.

Attachments

• $justinshave.jpg
    $justinshave.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 183
Thats pretty cool! My son is four and once in a while he will watch me shave. Doesnt have the attention span to sit through the whole process though.

Outstanding. Enjoy it.

Samuel Clemens once said, "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."

Very nice post. Your son is shaping up to be a gentleman, not to mention just as much of a fanatic as the rest of us! I hope he never loses his interest in traditional shaving.

My 1.5 year old son stops mesmerized when he runs into the bathroom while I am shaving. Working on a brush for him right now, a restore from the bay.

Funny I read your post. My grandpa gave me an old straight razor and leather strop before I could even shave. I've lived away from home for a decade now and just thought about it, called my mom and am having her ship it out to me. I remember always pretending to shave when I was a kid, wished I would've jumped on the DE train right away!

Have a boy that just made five myself. After spending time with "his" razor, your lad's face is definitely smoother than his bottom. Whoever came up with the phrase baby butt smooth did not have kids.

My 1.5 year old son stops mesmerized when he runs into the bathroom while I am shaving. Working on a brush for him right now, a restore from the bay.

I actually ordered him a cheap Chinese Silvertip so he's ahead of the game. I didn't get my first Silvertip till I was fifteen years into it and thirty years of age!

Top Bottom