What's new

never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thinking that I'm going with the ATT Cu/Stainless/Ti Mixed Metal CM1 tomorrow to wrap up this ATT Mixed Metal comparison, but with one small change - a different TiBam Ti handle. ;) :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 50 of 52 = 96%
MdC Monday
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance (SASA)
20220221_103135~2.jpg

Razor: ATT Windsor Pro Copper/Stainless/Titanium Mixed Metal CM1 (TiBam Antique Ti Handle)
Blade: Feather (3 and retired)
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B Group Buy 2020 (Shavemac 22mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: Brut Classic

The ATT Copper/Stainless/Ti Mixed Metal CM1 is a really smooth razor. Nimble and maneuverable. Mild efficient + highly smooth = a very pleasant shaving experience that is medium+ effective. This razor consistently delivers drama and irritation free shaves! :thumbup:
20220221_103212~2.jpg

The Rudy Vey B&B Group Buy 2020 (Shavemac 22mm 2-Band Silvertip) is an outstanding brush! :thumbup:

The Captain's Choice Copper Bowl has become an integral part of my daily shaving process. Helps me build a consistent and wonderful lather! :thumbup:

Martin de Candre Fougère is as good as shave soap gets. Easy to lather. Exceptional performance. Great face feel. Love it! :thumbup:
20220221_103249~2.jpg

Brut Classic Aftershave is a perfect match for MdC Fougère soap. My face is very happy! :thumbup:

Superb shave! :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 51 of 53 = 96%
Blackland Brotherhood
Knights of the Veg Table
20220222_100119~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Era SB-5
Blade: Perma-Sharp (1)
Brush: Prometheus Churning Candy Handle (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan)
Lather: Cyril R. Salter Wild Rose
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal

First shave with the Blackland Razors Era SB-5, paired today with a Perma-Sharp blade. Initial impressions: 1) On the Level 5 plate, there is a good amount of gap between the blade and the guard. Just something to keep in mind so you don't have a 'wardrobe malfunction' on your chin during the ATG pass. ;). 2) The Era is reasonably nimble and maneuverable, but certainly not Vector or Ti Blackbird nimble and maneuverable. 3) Medium+ efficient, medium smooth, medium effective. 4. Got to keep in mind that this is a $75 razor. All in all, very decent for the first shave. I'll comment further after additional shaves. :cool:
20220222_100155~2.jpg

The Prometheus Churning Candy (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan) brush is very comfortable, builds a great lather and easily applies this lather to the face. Overall performance is excellent! :thumbup:
The Captain's Choice Copper Bowl has become an integral part of my daily shaving process. Helps me build consistent and wonderful lathers! :thumbup:

Cyril R. Salter Wild Rose is excellent! Great lather, slickness and post-shave face feel! :thumbup:
20220222_100241~2.jpg

Proud Knight of the Veg Table Rocking The Veg today! :punk: :Veg: :thumbup:

Very good shave! :cool:

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Excellent looking razor. Hoping its performance improves in the next few shaves. I know it’s not their most expensive item, but, after all the weight and talk about how tightly the blade was clamped, I was shocked you hadn’t posted a picture of you dumping all of your other razors in the closest body of running water.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Excellent looking razor. Hoping its performance improves in the next few shaves. I know it’s not their most expensive item, but, after all the weight and talk about how tightly the blade was clamped, I was shocked you hadn’t posted a picture of you dumping all of your other razors in the closest body of running water.
My gut tells me that my next few shaves with the Era will give me a much more complete understanding of what it does, and does not do, a lot better than the first shave.

I have the Level 4 SB and Level 5 SB plates. The Level 5 is not at all harsh. Still want to try the Level 4, though. :)

The 'wardrobe malfunction' on my chin was my fault - a momentary distraction. It's not visible, sore or tender at all. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 52 of 54 = 96%
Blackland Brotherhood
20220223_112157~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors ERA SB Level 5
Blade: Perma-Sharp (2)
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24 Mokasoft HD Synthetic
Aftershave: Floïd The Genuine

Second outing with the Blackland Razors ERA SB Level 5, paired again with a Perma-Sharp blade. Used my standard 3-Pass (WTG, ATG & XTG + Touchup Pass (diagonal strokes + minor buffing). Additional impressions: 1) With the Level 5 plate, there is a reasonable amount of audible feedback. Doesn’t bother me, just commenting on my observation. 2) After two shaves, I'm leaning toward pegging the Era as moderately nimble and maneuverable (I rate the Vector and Ti Blackbird as highly nimble and maneuverable - my cup of tea). 3) I know that others are rating the ERA as highly efficient and smooth. On MY face, skin and beard, I'm sticking with Medium+ efficient, medium smooth, medium effective. Yes, I will be trying different blades to see how they match up. 4. As I stated yesterday: Got to keep in mind that this is a $75 razor. Definitely holds its own against other razors in that price range. More to follow after additional shaves, including my opinion about where the ERA SB Level 5 stacks up against other similarly priced razors. :cool:
20220223_112246~2.jpg

The RazoRock Hive 24 Mokasoft HD Synthetic a wonderful synthetic brush and an excellent value! :thumbup:
The Captain's Choice Copper Bowl has become an integral part of my daily shaving process. Helps me build consistent and wonderful lathers! :thumbup:

Cyril R. Salter Wild Rose is excellent! Great lather, slickness and post-shave face feel! :thumbup:
20220223_112333~2.jpg

Floïd The Genuine is a beautiful old school Italian aftershave! :thumbup:

Excellent shave! :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 53 of 55 = 96%
Blackland Brotherhood
20220224_203051~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors ERA SB Level 5
Blade: Perma-Sharp (3)
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B&B Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF)
Aftershave: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum

Shave #3 with the Blackland Razors ERA SB Level 5, paired again with a Perma-Sharp blade. Standard 3-Pass (WTG, ATG & XTG + Touchup Pass (diagonal strokes + minor buffing). Shave #3 impressions: 1) I seem to be settlingin with the ERA SB Level 5. Best shave so far with the ERA. 2) Sticking with a moderately nimble and maneuverable rating for the ERA (I rate the Vector and Ti Blackbird as highly nimble and maneuverable - my cup of tea). 3) On MY face, skin and beard, I'm sticking with Medium+ efficient, medium smooth, medium effective. 4. The ERA definitely holds its own against other razors in the less than $100 price range! :cool:
20220224_203141~2.jpg

Just received my new Rudy Vey 2022 B&B Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF knot) and could not wait to use it. Rudy'shandle is great! Very ergonomic and easy to use. The Mühle 25mm STF is an absolute favorite of mine. Fantastic brush! :thumbup:

20220224_203222~2.jpg

PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum is an awesome Bay Rum aftershave/cologne! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20220225 (Shave #1, Early Morning)
365 Shaves in 2022: 54 of 56 = 96%
Clubman Friday
20220224_203339~2.jpg

Razor: Feather SS Artist Club Folding Razor
Blade: Feather Artist Club ProSoft Guard (1)
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B&B Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF)
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Had a very early meeting this morning and decided to do a quick 2-pass WTG shave with the Feather SS Artist Club Folding Razor. I'll follow later this afternoon/evening with my usual Fatip Friday shave.

The Feather SS Artist Club Folding Razor is a very capable razor that provides good results. I am enjoying my shaves as I gain more experience with this razor! :thumbup:
20220224_203437~2.jpg

Enjoyed yesterday's shave with the Rudy Vey 2022 B&B Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF knot) so much that I decided to use it again this morning. Rudy's 2022 Contributors handle is great! Fantastic brush! :thumbup:

20220224_203520~2.jpg

Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum is a perfect Clubman Friday aftershave! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20220225 (Shave #2, Evening)
365 Shaves in 2022: 55 of 56 = 98%
Clubman Friday
Fatip Friday
20220225_094519~2.jpg

Razor: Schöne
Blade: German Bolzano (4)
Brush: Omega EVO
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

The Schöne is a wonderful razor. Smooth, efficient and effective! :thumbup:
20220225_094600~2.jpg

The Omega EVO is an outstanding synthetic brush! :thumbup:

20220225_094639~2.jpg

Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum is a perfect Clubman Friday aftershave! :thumbup:

Superb shave! :cool:

I read your thread on SE razors today. The good: The thread is a real blessing. The bad: RAD sets in, you go shopping and find there is no stock!

Once again thanks for making the thread!!!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I read your thread on SE razors today. The good: The thread is a real blessing. The bad: RAD sets in, you go shopping and find there is no stock!

Once again thanks for making the thread!!!
You are most welcome! 😀

Which SE razors are on your 'RAD Radar'? :cool:

You are most welcome! 😀

Which SE razors are on your 'RAD Radar'? :cool:
Blackland Vector
Blackland Sabre L1 & L2 base plates
RazoRock Hawk V3 standard

And while not SE, Blackland Blackbird

My concerns:
+ the Vector and Blackbird may be too efficient for my fickle skin.
+ Long term blade availability for the Sabre

My objectives:
+ Consistent 2.5 to 3.5 pass shaves, no nicks, no irritation, DFS, DFS+, DFS++ that last 12 hours +/-.

Top Bottom