Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 328 for 328 = 100%
Bootlegger's Brigands
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance (SASA)
20211124_103430~2.jpg

Razor: Rex Envoy
Blade: Perma-Sharp (5 and retired)
Brush: Rudy Vey Keyhole (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado

Final shave of this comparison for the Rex Envoy. All five shaves have been great! Using the same 3-Pass + Touchup Pass process, the Envoy provided an efficient, smooth, effortless and effective DFS shave. As I've stated previously, the Rex Envoy shaves above its price. I sure do like to shave with the Envoy! :thumbup:
20211124_103529~2.jpg

The Rudy Vey Keyhole with Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan is one of my favorite brushes. Love this brush! :thumbup:

Musgo Real Classic is an excellent soap that I could continue to use every day with pleasure! :thumbup:
20211124_103606~2.jpg

Today's aftershave is the superb Bootlegger's El Dorado. One of my all-time favorites! :thumbup:

Superb shave! :cool:

365 Shaves in 2021: 328 for 328 = 100%
Bootlegger's Brigands
View attachment 1367824
Razor: Rex Envoy
Brush: Rudy Vey Keyhole (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)

Final shave of this comparison for the Rex Envoy. All five shaves have been great! Using the same 3-Pass + Touchup Pass process, the Envoy provided an efficient, smooth, effortless and effective DFS shave. As I've stated previously, the Rex Envoy shaves above its price. I sure do like to shave with the Envoy! :thumbup:
View attachment 1367825
The Rudy Vey Keyhole with Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan is one of my favorite brushes. Love this brush! :thumbup:

Musgo Real Classic is an excellent soap that I could continue to use every day with pleasure! :thumbup:
View attachment 1367826
Today's aftershave is the superb Bootlegger's El Dorado. One of my all-time favorites! :thumbup:

Excellent comparison. I’m looking forward to your final comments.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Enjoyable, interesting head to head, David. I'm waiting for the final outcome.

I have the birch handled razor, and like it a lot. I do not have the Envoy. Yours is the most enabling review of it I've read.

Happy shaves,

Jim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Enjoyable, interesting head to head, David. I'm waiting for the final outcome.

I have the birch handled razor, and like it a lot. I do not have the Envoy. Yours is the most enabling review of it I've read.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Thank you, Jim. :)

There is more blade with the Envoy, but it seems smoother to my face. In my opinion, the trick is to go steep and use a Perma-Sharp blade. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
🦃 20211125 🦃
🦃 Happy Thanksgiving 🦃
365 Shaves in 2021: 329 for 329 = 100%
Bootlegger's Brigands
20211125_125207.jpg

Razor: Mūhle Rocca R95 V4
Brush: Rudy Vey Marbled Butterscotch (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)
Fragrance: Lagerfeld Classic EdT Spray

Final shave of this comparison for the Mūhle Rocca R95 V4, and the final shave of the Envoy vs R95 V4 comparison (final comparison notes will be posted later). All five shaves with the R95 V4 have been excellent! Using the same 3-Pass + Touchup Pass process, the R95 V4 provided an efficient, smooth and effective DFS shave. The R95 V4 also shaves above its price point! :thumbup:
20211125_125251.jpg

The Marbled Butterscotch is another wonderful Rudy Vey handle - ergonomic and very easy to grip - paired with my favorite Badger knot, the Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip. This brush is a joy to use. Great combination. Great brush! :thumbup:

20211125_125337.jpg

Today's aftershave is the superb Bootlegger's El Dorado. One of my all-time favorites! Fragrance for Thanksgiving is the wonderful Lagerfeld Classic EdT Spray! :thumbup:

Superb Thanksgiving shave! :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 330 for 330 = 100%
Clubman Friday
Fatip Friday
20211126_134845~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Piccolo SE (Grande Handle)
Blade: German Bolzano (1)
Brush: Omega EVO
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

The combination of the Fatip Piccolo SE + the German Bolzano is a total pleasure to use. Efficient, Smooth and Effective. :thumbup:
20211126_134923~2.jpg

The Omega EVO is an outstanding synthetic brush that I reach for regularly. Whether bowl or face lathering, the EVO performs wonderfully. :thumbup:

20211126_134957~2.jpg

Today's aftershave is the classic Pinaud Clubman! One of my all-time favorites! :thumbup:

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 331 for 331 = 100%
Blackland Brotherhood (B3)
Knights of The Veg Table
20211127_193101.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird
Blade: Perma-Sharp (1)
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B Group Buy 2020 (Shavemac 22mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal

The Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird is a fantastic razor and sits at the top of my current Double Edge Big Dog razors. Efficient, very smooth and very effective! :thumbup:
20211127_193157.jpg

The Rudy Vey B&B Group Buy 2020 brush (Shavemac 22mm 2-band Silvertip knot) is outstanding! :thumbup:

20211127_193244.jpg

Today's aftershave is the wonderful Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal. Love Rocking The Veg! :punk: :Veg: :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 332 for 332 = 100%
Blackland Brotherhood
Single Edge Sunday
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
20211128_100458~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB (TiBam Ti New York Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline (1)
Brush: Edwin Jagger Imitation Horn (25mm Synthetic Silver Tip)
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Fragrance: Cuba Orange

The Blackland Razors Vector SB is a thoroughly impressive razor that provides thoroughly impressive results. If I used the same razor every day, the Vector would be the one! :thumbup:
20211128_100654~2.jpg

I really like the Edwin Jagger Imitation Horn (25mm Synthetic Silver Tip) brush. It does a wonderful job of building and applying lather and feels great doing it. One of my top synthetic brushes! :thumbup:

Completing my week with the Superb Musgo Real Classic. This is an excellent soap that I could continue to use every day with pleasure! :thumbup:
20211128_100736~2.jpg

Today's aftershave is the wonderful Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum. :thumbup:
20211128_100809~2.jpg

Cuba Orange EdT Spray complements the VIBR perfectly! :thumbup:

Superb, top tier shave! :cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom