365 Shaves in 2022: 308 of 308 = 100%
Clubman Friday
Daily Double
Fatip Friday
NOCvember 2022
20221104_092547~2.jpg

Razor1: Razorine Flatboy 🇮🇹
Razor2: Fatip Mixed Metal Lo Storto Originale 🇮🇹
Blade (moved same blade between razors): German (Honorary Italian 🇮🇹 ;)) Bolzano (2)

Brush: Saponificio Varesino, Pewter Crown, Bog Wood Handle (Hand-tied 26mm 2-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger Knot) 🇮🇹
20221104_092641~2.jpg

Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper 🇺🇸

Lather: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti 🇮🇹
20221104_092739~2.jpg

Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman 🇺🇸
Fragrance: Pino Silvestre Oud Absolute EdT Spray 🇮🇹

Balm: CeraVe Moisturizing Cream (applied at bedtime)
20221026_135049~3.jpg

Doubling up today to cover Fatip Friday and NOCvember. Used the Razorine Flatboy for my first WTG pass and the Fatip Lo Storto Originale for the rest. Both razors performed wonderfully. :001_wub:

Please refer to previous Journal entries for my thoughts and opinions on the other components used in today's shave. :001_wub:

Excellent Fatip Friday Shave! :cool:

Last edited:
Clubman Friday
Daily Double
Fatip Friday
NOCvember 2022
View attachment 1551658
Blade (moved same blade between razors): German (Honorary Italian 🇮🇹 ;)) Bolzano (2)

Brush: Saponificio Varesino, Pewter Crown, Bog Wood Handle (Hand-tied 26mm 2-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger Knot) 🇮🇹
View attachment 1551659

View attachment 1551660

View attachment 1551661

Doubling up today to cover Fatip Friday and NOCvember. Used the Razorine Flatboy for my first WTG pass and the Fatip Lo Storto Originale for the rest. Both razors performed wonderfully. :001_wub:

Please refer to previous Journal entries for my thoughts and opinions on the other components used in today's shave. :001_wub:

That’s what I should have done today! Note to self for next week: do a double! Excellent pairing and combination David!

Cheers,

Guido

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Clubman Friday
Daily Double
Fatip Friday
NOCvember 2022
View attachment 1551658

View attachment 1551659

View attachment 1551660

View attachment 1551661

Among my modest collection of brushes.. the SV 2.0 Manchurians are definitely at the very top. I mix in a few other brushes from time to time now, since they are all broken-in.... but I think I use one of mine every other shave, to be sure.

Of course, this will change in DecemBOAR. I wonder if I'll survive a month not using an SV brush.. I probably will. <eg>

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Among my modest collection of brushes.. the SV 2.0 Manchurians are definitely at the very top. I mix in a few other brushes from time to time now, since they are all broken-in.... but I think I use one of mine every other shave, to be sure.

Of course, this will change in DecemBOAR. I wonder if I'll survive a month not using an SV brush.. I probably will. <eg>
The SV brushes are outstanding! I also very much enjoy using mine. :)

Which Boar brushes will you be using for DecemBOAR 2023?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
The SV brushes are outstanding! I also very much enjoy using mine. :)

Which Boar brushes will you be using for DecemBOAR 2023?
David,

I have 8 boar brushes... an unbleached Zenith (506 black resin handle), two full size Zenith (506 Copper and Malachite handles) and a smaller, shorter knot one (the Wenghe 24X52mm). Two SOC boars in Taj and Butterscotch, an Omega 10108 in Red, and lastly, an Omega Jade from Connaught.

That should get me through the month. <eg>

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
David,

I have 8 boar brushes... an unbleached Zenith (506 black resin handle), two full size Zenith (506 Copper and Malachite handles) and a smaller, shorter knot one (the Wenghe 24X52mm). Two SOC boars in Taj and Butterscotch, an Omega 10108 in Red, and lastly, an Omega Jade from Connaught.

That should get me through the month. <eg>
Nice Boar rotation. :thumbup1:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 309 of 309 = 100%
NOCvember 2022
SV Saturday
20221105_105814~2.jpg

Razor: Heritage Gibbs 15 Replica
Blade: Perma-Sharp (4)
20221105_105904~2.jpg

Brush: @AP Shave Co Black Green (AP Shave Co 26mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper

Lather: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
20221104_092739~2.jpg

Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Pino Silvestre Oud Absolute EdT Spray

20221026_135049~2.jpg

First shave with the Heritage Gibbs 15 Replica. Went with my standard Steep Angle 3-Pass plus Touchup Pass. Settings: WTG = 6, ATG = 3, XTG = 3, Touchup Pass = 1. Adjustable razors and I have an interesting history. The Merkur Progress was my only razor from 2013 until late 2019. Still have it and it still provides excellent results. Tried the Gillette Slim & Fatboy, Pearl Flexi, PAA Copper Ascension (quasi-adjustable) and probably a couple of others that have slipped my Saturday brain. In general, as my tastes and priorities have changed, I find most adjustable razors to be too heavy and lacking in the nimble & maneuverable attributes I value highly. So.....How does the Heritage Gibbs 15 Replica stack up? First shave, so I'm not going to comment in depth. Using it on number 6 for the WTG pass was no problem. Similarly with using number 3 for the ATG and XTG passes. Face feels fine - minor irritation, no blood. Results are in the DFS range. The Heritage Gibbs stacked up well enough that I'm shaving with it again on Sunday. More to follow. :cool:

Very good shave! :cool:

Had to look it up, but this is a wonderfully designed razor! And the real deal apparently has different type DE blades?

I currently have no adjustable in the collection, but this is a nice option indeed. Thanks David!

Nice!

Guido

I currently have no adjustable in the collection, but this is a nice option indeed.
For the love of God, Guido... Wait until they come available through soulobjects.de.

I have already paid triple of the value by ordering it from the US. On top of that it's still waiting to be cleared by customs, expected to clear around 15th nov, even though it's been in the country since beginning of the month. 😬

The OG only takes prorpriatary blades, but regular de blades can be modified by clipping off the ends of the tabs or puncturing holes in them. There are plenty of ways explained on the forum.
Mind you the OG is very popular and decent looking ones tend to change owner for around 200 euro's.

For the love of God, Guido... Wait until they come available through soulobjects.de.

I have already paid triple of the value by ordering it from the US. On top of that it's still waiting to be cleared by customs, expected to clear around 15th nov, even though it's been in the country since beginning of the month. 😬

The OG only takes prorpriatary blades, but regular de blades can be modified by clipping off the ends of the tabs or puncturing holes in them. There are plenty of ways explained on the forum.
Mind you the OG is very popular and decent looking ones tend to change owner for around 200 euro's.
No worries Shaun! But thanks for the advice. I wasn’t exactly jumping on the bandwagon just yet and the original ones I have seen go for quite the money indeed!

I like the aesthetics of this razor more than anything. So it was more of a note to self than a hot red but button 🥰. Still waiting for one razor to get across the pond anyway and looking REALLY forward to that one.

And thanks for reminding me of that website! Forgot about the German route.

Cheers,

Guido

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
No worries Shaun! But thanks for the advice. I wasn’t exactly jumping on the bandwagon just yet and the original ones I have seen go for quite the money indeed!

I like the aesthetics of this razor more than anything. So it was more of a note to self than a hot red but button 🥰. Still waiting for one razor to get across the pond anyway and looking REALLY forward to that one.

And thanks for reminding me of that website! Forgot about the German route.

Cheers,

Guido
I love my Slim. Tough to beat a Slim for a reasonably priced adjustable. :)

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The Heritage Gibbs stacked up well enough that I'm shaving with it again on Sunday. More to follow. :cool:
Neglected to remember Single Edge Sunday! :blushing:

I'll use one of my top SE razors today and pick up the Heritage Gibbs 15 Replica on Monday. :)

I love my Slim. Tough to beat a Slim for a reasonably priced adjustable. :)
Should also add that I still have a soft spot for my Merkur Progress (updated to Opgress). :001_wub:

Top Bottom