Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 282 of 283 = 99.6%
ACtober 2022
Blackland Brotherhood
Bootlegger's Brigands
MdC Monday
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
20221010_205403~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (6)
Brush: @apshaveco Lemon Drop (AP Shave Co 24mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
Balm: CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
Fragrance: Belcam Vault EdT Spray

Shaving with the Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB is an absolute pleasure. Effortless, exceptional performance! :001_wub:
20221010_205437~2.jpg

The AP Shave Co Lemon Drop 24mm G5C Fan brush builds great lathers. It is really comfortable in the hand and on the face. I like it! :001_wub:

Martin de Candre Fougère is as good as shaving soap gets! :001_wub:
20221010_205557~2.jpg

Bootlegger's El Dorado is among my favorite aftershaves. Love it! :001_wub:

Started using a small amount of CeraVe Moisturizing Cream, applied after the aftershave, and have been very pleased with the results. Face feels great! :001_wub:
20221009_113926~2.jpg

Applied Belcam Vault before heading out for the day! Bride Approved! :001_wub:

Superb top tier shave! :cool:

David, a number of us here are getting text messages from your den. The other razors feel left behind now that ‘that thing’ (I think they mean the Vector Ti) arrived. Rotation isn’t what it used to be they say.

Wonderful to read that it bring such joy David! And with Doug’s handles it looks amazing too. Enjoy!!

Guido

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
David, a number of us here are getting text messages from your den. The other razors feel left behind now that ‘that thing’ (I think they mean the Vector Ti) arrived. Rotation isn’t what it used to be they say.

Wonderful to read that it bring such joy David! And with Doug’s handles it looks amazing too. Enjoy!!

Guido
Thank you Guido. You brought a great smile to my face. :)

Tuning my face with the Ti Vector so that when the ATT X1 Slant arrives on 10/12, I'll have a very good baseline for comparison. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 283 of 284 = 99.6%
ACtober 2022
Blackland Brotherhood
Bootlegger's Brigands
20221010_205403~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (7 and retired)
20221010_205437~2.jpg

20221010_205557~2.jpg

20221009_113926~2.jpg

Tracking tells me that my new ATT X1 Slant head arrives on 10/12 so I decided to use the same kit (and pics) again today so I can go directly from the Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB to the ATT X1 Slant the following day. :)

Today's kit is superb in all respects. The Ti Vector SB sets an extremely high bar. If the ATT X1 Slant is in the same zip code, it will be a wonderful shaving experience. :cool:

There are certainly some outstanding razors being produced these days! :001_wub:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Per tracking, the X1 Slant is out for delivery! :)

I'm using the same supporting kit that I used Monday and Tuesday, with the ATT X1 Slant and a fresh Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG blade.

After a couple of days with the Kai, I'll move on to a Schick Proline P and then a Feather Pro Super. :)

The supporting kit will change as I go through the process.

Please don't expect an immediate evaluation and rating. I want to give the ATT X1 Slant every opportunity to show me what it can do. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 284 of 285 = 99.6%
ACtober 2022
Bootlegger's Brigands
20221012_141755~2.jpg

Razor: @Above The Tie X1 Slant (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (1)
20221012_141830~2.jpg

20221012_141929~2.jpg

20221009_113926~2.jpg

First shave with the ATT X1 Slant. Used the same supporting kit I used Monday and Tuesday. Loaded a fresh Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG, lathered up and applied blade to face.

First thing that's apparent is that the X1 head is larger and heavier in comparison to the ATT Al SE1, The General V2, the SS Vector and the Ti Vector. In order, ATT Al SE1, ATT X1 Slant, Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB, Colonial Razors The General V2:
20221012_190639~2.jpg

Does the difference impact the shaving experience? The X1 Slant matched up nicely with the GTC handle. Different balance point, but that was easily accommodated. The size and weight did make the X1 less nimble and maneuverable than the Vector or The General. If you like larger heavier razors, this is not a big deal. If you favor smaller and more nimble razors, it's a trade off.

I won't try to rank the X1 on my standard attributes (efficient, smooth, nimble & maneuverable, predictable and overall effectiveness) until I try other AC blades and get a few more shaves on the books.

Regarding the process and results for today's shave: The ATT X1 Slant has an intuitive feel and the results are quite good. :cool:

That's as far as I'll go until I use the X1 Slant some more. :)

My non engineering mind suggests that the head is bigger to accommodate for the torque to produce the slant in the head. I am guessing that production wise you need to have a minimum amount of surface to slant the metal.

Enjoy your new razor! And yes Kim @Phoenixkh he has the normal version too. David had every razor on the planet! :eek2:

Guido

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
My non engineering mind suggests that the head is bigger to accommodate for the torque to produce the slant in the head. I am guessing that production wise you need to have a minimum amount of surface to slant the metal.
The ATT X1 Slant and the ATT SE1 are are basically the same head and cap, just machined at an angle as the blade is not torqued like a typical slant. David has the all aluminum SE1 which is a lot lighter than the stainless SE1, but the same size.

I have the stainless SE1 cap and head, and I later got the aluminum baseplate because I felt the all stainless too heavy, and the all aluminum too light.
20221013_001205[1].jpg

~doug~

Enjoy your new razor! And yes Kim @Phoenixkh he has the normal version too. David had every razor on the planet! :eek2:

Guido
So as Doug just explained I was right about my non engineering mind - and that mind was wrong about my assumption.

That does intrigue me in terms of design. So it is not actually an usual slant but rather a change in angle. Makes sense because I was wondering how on Earth to torque an AC blade as they seem to be really rigid.

Interesting! Learning something new every day.

Guido

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The ATT X1 Slant and the ATT SE1 are are basically the same head and cap, just machined at an angle as the blade is not torqued like a typical slant. David has the all aluminum SE1 which is a lot lighter than the stainless SE1, but the same size.

I have the stainless SE1 cap and head, and I later got the aluminum baseplate because I felt the all stainless too heavy, and the all aluminum too light.
View attachment 1538365
~doug~

So as Doug just explained I was right about my non engineering mind - and that mind was wrong about my assumption.

That does intrigue me in terms of design. So it is not actually an usual slant but rather a change in angle. Makes sense because I was wondering how on Earth to torque an AC blade as they seem to be really rigid.

Interesting! Learning something new every day.

Guido

Yes. Instead of tilting the entire head on the handle, the slot where the blade sits is slanted as AC blades are too rigid to twist.

~doug~
Here are some closer shots to illustrate how the X1 achieves the Slant.
20221012_134506~3.jpg
20221012_134303~3.jpg

Top Bottom